A Cunard Christmas Cruise with the Children Review

chirk_on_tour

My family and I will be travelling on the Queen Elizabeth on the 4 night cruise to Amsterdam for the Christmas Markets. I will will try and write a blog of our trip focusing especially on what a family can really manage with two children.

My children are 3 ( with his fourth birthday onboard) and 1. Our cruise is all about spending time together and enjoying the Cunard experience.

If you have any questions about life on board with the children then please feel free to ask and I will try and find out the answers on board for you.

Regards

Chirk_on_tour

I will be the one chasing after my two terrors or the one chained to the ice-cream machine.

I am looking forward to my break from school.

Ooh that does not sound promising for a Cunard Voyage ! :D

Children Running amok on a Cunard Vessel !! :rolleyes:

Edited by Pennbank

I'll try and say hi if we bump into each other on-board!

Me too!

I'm just looking at the QE now on the Marine Traffic/Live Ships Map and she is doing 12.9 knots up and down the English Channel. It's not that far to Zeebrugge and they don't get there until tomorrow. :D

Me too!

I'm just looking at the QE now on the Marine Traffic/Live Ships Map and she is doing 12.9 knots up and down the English Channel. It's not that far to Zeebrugge and they don't get there until tomorrow. :D

Crikey, See what you mean. :eek:

646381649_ScreenShot2014-12-17at14_32_53.jpg.63adf789a8ec2cb2edc1e56f80c640cb.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is allow duty free shops to open

Do not think it is because of that. QM2 did the same thing at the weekend in order for a sea day to be included. Far from duty free as 20% VAT is added because the cruise is within the EU. Even photos were $30 not the usual $25 because of this.

I have just come back from this voyage. VAT had to be included in prices as we did not leave the EU and the "Duty free shop" was closed.

My theory why St Peter Port is being is being used more on short voyages is due to it being outside the EU. This means the shops don't need to add VAT and they sell more.

There were lots of young children on this cruise all well behaved and enjoying themselves. I hope your children had a good time.

Embarkation was a lot quicker than usual at the Ocean Terminal. This was due to the fact that the secure screening area is now a lot bigger than it used to be with more x-ray machines in use. We were directed to the priority check-in area (Platinum members) and were on the ship within about 10 minutes of arriving at the terminal - the fastest time ever. In fact, almost too fast. :)

There were lots of young children on this cruise all well behaved and enjoying themselves. I hope your children had a good time.

Embarkation was a lot quicker than usual at the Ocean Terminal. This was due to the fact that the secure screening area is now a lot bigger than it used to be with more x-ray machines in use. We were directed to the priority check-in area (Platinum members) and were on the ship within about 10 minutes of arriving at the terminal - the fastest time ever. In fact, almost too fast. :)

Children always seem well behaved on cruises. I've read complaints about them - on cruises I have been on - but the ones I've come across have been very pleasant and sensible, and I suspect the younger ones spend most of their time in the clubs anyway.

It was very quick getting on the QE2 for the non-Amsterdam cruise. One person in the queue for the registration, maybe a couple of minute wait in the vastly improved checking area.