Weather forecasts

CruisinInAugust

I'm going to be visiting Bermuda for the first time Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. The extended forecast for next week show showers pretty much every day. Should I be concerned that it's going to rain the whole time, or is Bermuda like some other islands where rain showers come and go pretty quickly?

Thanks, I'm just nervous about my first cruise and first trip to Bermuda. I would love to see some sun while we're there! :)

Hi CruisinAugust!

We just got back from the most wonderful time in Bermuda, 8/16 - 8/19. The forecast before we left was like yours predicting showers everyday. I was nervous but devoted myself to pray for good weather in bermuda for our time. It rained big time in Boston when we left, but Bermuda was perfect!! We saw a few clouds and one threating group on Thursday afternoon but only one beach saw a few rain drops.

You are going to LOVE Bermuda, we can't wait to go back, loved the sun, beaches (South Shore mostly), I loved the pink busses, the people, and snorkeling was a blast. America lost a little bit of joy for me when I got back and realized how unfriendly the people are here and how crowded it is.

Even though more days in Bermuda would have been nice and then could fly home, it was more enjoyable to cruise back and relax and slowly fade from vacation to reality. I will admit I was very teary as we left the island. May you have the nicest weather and a great time!

~Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the encouraging words and wishes. It sounds wonderful! I am beside myself with excitement about the trip, both the cruise itself and Bermuda. It's good to hear you had good weather, no matter the forecast, and I hope we have as much luck!

Thanks again!

Yes Iam Going To Bermuda On Sunday As Well Leaving Out Of Baltimore On The Grand Of The Seas. Im Also Praying For Good Weather. But The

Cruise Ship Will Make Up It In Case It Do Rain (smile). I Went On The Grand Of The Seas To St Thomas When It 1st Came Out About 7 Or 8 Years Ago. I Just Love It

We are sailing on the NCL Crown on Sunday, and last night after looking at the forecast for next week, it looked rainy and cloudy all week with thunderstorms EVERY night.

I am concerned that we may have to cancel some of our excursions since they are on the water and at night.

I am hoping that what was said earlier is true, and that it will not be a washout!!

The last time we went to Bermuda, it was in June, and the weather was perfect. It was only overcast for one morning! All the other days were bright and sunny!! I am hoping for more of the same. Right now the forecase looks BAD!!

B.

I am also going to Bermuda this Sunday on the Majesty. I just checked the weather at CNN.com and the Weather Channel.com. Both websites are predicting partly cloudy skies with a 30% chance of showers each day we are there. Keep praying that the weather will be ok.

Archived