Embarkation Princess 2 ships San Pedro same time

Pier Pressure 53

Hi. I see that our embarkation on the Crown in March out of San Pedro will be shared with the Ruby, with it also embarking out of San Pedro the same time.

Not experiencing this double whammy before, can some who has experienced this before please share what they ran across..... meaning was it a lot slower and crowded embankment, or was it no problem at all?

Also, our ship will be disembarking from berth 93, which is the farther eastern Berth. Would that be the old or newer part of the Terminal, and does it make a difference regarding organization and speed of getting on the ship?

There are actually three berths at the World Cruise Center in San Pedro: 91, 92, and 93. 93 is at the older terminal building, closest to the Vincent Thomas Bridge--but it is in great shape and very well maintained. Berths 91 and 92 are at the newer terminal building right on the channel. Since 91 and 93 are serviced by two separate terminals, there is no difference whether there is one ship or two. The traffic getting into the terminal parking area might be a little congested; but once inside, the vehicles take separate routes to the two terminal buildings. The newer terminal can get a little hectic when there are ships at both berths 91 and 92; but this doesn't happen very often.

In October while boarding our Princess ship there was another Princess ship in port at the same time. Each used their own terminal so navigating the terminal was the same as if only one ship was in port. We had taken the hotel shuttle to the port and the traffic congestion was not bad. Of course we had to go by the first terminal and their congestion to get to our terminal. It always works out that way or so it seems. Even with the congestion it was not bad and we were through the terminal and onboard in short order. There is a lot of space in front of the two terminals which set perpendicular to each other (like a "L")

It is not leaving that can be problematic it is the return. Recently left from one terminal where I had great parking, however on returning the ship docked at the other berth. Now my great parking spot was quite a hike. I had an elderly lady traveling with me and I had leave her and my male friend with the luggage while went in search of the car. So take this into consideration. Good luck.

Sent from my PLT8802G using Forums mobile app

It is not leaving that can be problematic it is the return. Recently left from one terminal where I had great parking, however on returning the ship docked at the other berth. Now my great parking spot was quite a hike. I had an elderly lady traveling with me and I had leave her and my male friend with the luggage while went in search of the car. So take this into consideration. Good luck.

I noticed that on the 1/30/15 sailing of the Crown, embarkation at San Pedro will be from pier 93 and disembarkation from pier 46! There are 3 (!) ships in port that day. That is a LONG walk from the parking lot for those who drive to the ship.

I asked a Princess phone rep if Princess will be providing a shuttle, and she wasn't sure.

It shouldn't be a problem since it's a fairly regular occurrence in San Pedro.

One year my wife and I drove over and parked (we live about 15 miles away) and walked right into the terminal, waited in line, and proceeded to checkin... except that we hadn't paid attention at all, just headed towards a princess ship, and ended up trying to board the Golden Bound for Hawaii instead of our ship headed for Mexico. There are plenty of signs so just do what we didn't and read them. :)