Summit Celebrity Suite Questions

tangerinebunny

While on board the Silhouette last week we booked Summit Celebrity Suite 6106 for next December. When we got home and checked the Celebrity website, the note 'obstructed view' came up.

Needless to say, no one mentioned this at booking. So, I need information. What's the obstruction? And just how large is the balcony? And is the cabin quiet?

I've had problems finding current reviews; most reviews I've found are pre-dry dock changes. And the on-line pictures show a tired dated cabin.

Our Silhouette Celebrity suite was beautiful, and we're wondering if we should just go back to one of the S-class ships.

This is from the sticky on M class ship cabins. It doesn't mention any obstruction.

CABIN #: 6106

DECK #: 6

CLASS: Celebrity Suite

AREA:

BED NEAR: Separate Bedroom, separate dressing area behind sliding doors

QUIET?: Very

BALCONY VIEW: Amazing

BALCONY SIZE: Long curve shape, not very wide, but wide enough for small table, 2 recliner chairs and footstools

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Fantastic suite mid ships, would book again.

Lou

M class Celebrity CS are vastly different than S class.

I stayed in 9098 (maybe 9096?) in March on Summit.

I preferred it to a royal suite on M class, it felt roomier, but lacked the whirlpool on veranda, and separate shower. I also enjoy a pitch black sleeping room, and with the secluded bedroom, this met my needs.

Verandas were added to the M class CS in 2012-2013. Before that no veranda just floor to ceiling windows. Not all images at the X website show the added verandas, and some floor plans still don't show them either. The veranda is not very deep, no lounger is standard, but my butler did fetch one from the pool deck when I asked, and it fit sideways. There were 2 standard chairs, and I do not recall if a table and 2 table chairs fit or not, though a table for 4 is in the cabin, whereas on S class, no dining table in cabin exists.

I don't recall any obstructions.

There are 2 per deck decks 6-7-8-9, they take the place of the elevator lobby on the opposite side of the hall on these decks.

As you've booked deck 6, you are in line with all the superior suites, so many suggest you will receive top notch butler service, whereas the upper decks, may have less than stellar service. YMMV, of course.

Edited by cle-guy

We were in 6106 on Summit BEFORE the balcony was added and it did have a slightly obstructed view at the time due to the window washing equipment. I gather that is no longer the case since the addition of the verandas. It is a WONDERFUL suite and as much as I also like the "S" class Celebrity Suites the "M" class are better in that they have a dining area in the suite and "S" does not.

We loved 6106 and I would love to try it again with the veranda, which we did miss a lot....it was the only drawback at the time. Enjoy!!:)