Changed Embarkation Priorities

tring

We embarked Braemar on 23rd November in Southamton I asked about the embarkation priorities that are used now.

The first priority were, (I think green), cards which were issued to suite passengers. This was followed by gold, for gold members who had booked freedom fares.

Then there were two more colours (orange and white), but I cannot remember which group had which colour card. The first priority of these groups was for people who had booked freedom fare. All other passengers were given the colour used for the last embarkation group, which included all anchor fares, regardless of Oceans status.

This worked extremely well for us as we had booked freedom fare and there were not many people with green or gold cards when embarkation started and we were there fairly early.

We embarked Braemar on 23rd November in Southamton I asked about the embarkation priorities that are used now.

The first priority were, (I think green), cards which were issued to suite passengers. This was followed by gold, for gold members who had booked freedom fares.

Then there were two more colours (orange and white), but I cannot remember which group had which colour card. The first priority of these groups was for people who had booked freedom fare. All other passengers were given the colour used for the last embarkation group, which included all anchor fares, regardless of Oceans status.

This worked extremely well for us as we had booked freedom fare and there were not many people with green or gold cards when embarkation started and we were there fairly early.

Are you sure, Tring? Gold members are always first to board and then it is numerical order for everyone else.

Do you know what time the suite passengers were allowed to board. Thanks

Tiggertom

There has been disscusion of embarkation on this site just prior to our cruise and it has been reported gold members only get priority if on freedom fare. So look for recent threads.

That is why I asked about priorities and the reason for individual card colours. I am not certain who I spoke to, but it seemed to be the person in charge of embarkation and I was told that is now the priorities. It seems fair to me as some people do get a substancially reduced fare and for a very small payment can even get a choice of dining arrangement, which is not offered for late booking prices by other companies.

We are likely to become gold ourselves by next June, but I still think this is right, although we have been very annoyed on previous cruises when we have had to wait ages to board when people who arrive after us get to board much earlier.

Broch

As I said suites get 1st priority and will presumably get an early embarkation time. Be aware though that Fred do board later than other companies and do not offer lunch onboard. Times do vary with individual cruises but I have found head office very good at giving approximate times for start of boarding, which will presuambly coincide with the embarkation time for most, (if not all), suites.

Broch

As I said suites get 1st priority and will presumably get an early embarkation time. Be aware though that Fred do board later than other companies and do not offer lunch onboard. Times do vary with individual cruises but I have found head office very good at giving approximate times for start of boarding, which will presuambly coincide with the embarkation time for most, (if not all), suites.

Thank you. We are staying in Southamptoon the night before our cruise and having a suite, because we could not get a balcony, so I was hoping one of the perks would be early boarding