Sapphire Princess: Somewhat Live in Southeast Asia

ibfern

I was also on the cruise with Amelia and friends and have enjoyed what has been written . I was part of that frustrated group in Koh Sumai!!

Thankyou Amelia for all you have written brings back memories and its a good diary! I was also one of the party of five who travelled to Siem Reap afterwards. We certainly ahd a fantastic time and I will add some more info later too.

James Bond Island

I was on a different coach and boat and loved my excursion. Depends on the guide somemtimes as to what you see. We walked around and saw alot more at the stop , the floating market of shops was great I bought some beautiful material and matching scarf and we saw a school and delightful sleeping younger children. By the time we returned to our coach (later then Amelia) we were ravenous but in our case our driver had put the lunches on ice so they were fresh .I love Subway and the ham roll was yummy! I heard no complaints and i think everyone devoured them. We must have been very lucky with our group!

I will add some more on on other Princess trips I did not covered like Twin Lakes in Bali and Mekong Delta in Vietnam both absolutely fantastic . I have ship dvds of many excursions so if any questions do ask and I will try and answer them.

if I havent done the excursion I can only be guided by what is on the dvd.

Amelia if you see this , Don Bosco repeat Xmas day for the next cruise ( same dates 18 Dec to Jan 8th) not me , someone else who followed up after I posted. They might get our driver and guide again . we also were entertained with Balinese dancing there. I ahd the Christams turkey yum!!

Extremely early days but three folk so far. I am planning a different Princess excursion that looks fantastic but I am not saying until I can book it and that is many months away.

I am repeating the cruise and i know at least two other cc'rs are.

Thats all now but I will return here.

Hi to kjets if you see this too!!

Judith

Thanks for all the kind comments from everybody. This was a really great trip, both the cruise and the land portions. I am so glad we took the time to spend in both Singapore and Siem Reap and frankly I could have spend a lot more time in both places because there is so much to see.

Adding on a land tour to Angkor was worth the time and effort, please contact me if you need a referral to the company we used as they were very good. My biggest regret is that I did not spend more time visiting the temples around Angkor, Cambodia is a fantastic place, the people, the food, and the sites are wonderful. Make sure to take some time to sit and reflect on the temples, they are truly magnificant.

Glad you are back home safe and sound Judith, I know how much you enjoyed the trip as you are repeating it again! Will you visit Angkor again?

• 4 weeks later...

Amelia and others,

Not sure if you are still checking this post but was wondering if you knew whether the self-service laundry on the Sapphire still used quarters or the ship card (like on the new ships, i.e. Royal).

Thanks

Marilee

Amelia and others,

Not sure if you are still checking this post but was wondering if you knew whether the self-service laundry on the Sapphire still used quarters or the ship card (like on the new ships, i.e. Royal).

Thanks

Marilee

I can answer this as we were on the Sapphire in October. They were in the process of converting the machines in the laundry room while we were on board. You swipe your card now instead of using coins/tokens. The price went up to $3 for wash and, I believe, $3 for dry.

I can answer this as we were on the Sapphire in October. They were in the process of converting the machines in the laundry room while we were on board. You swipe your card now instead of using coins/tokens. The price went up to $3 for wash and, I believe, $3 for dry.

Does that include the soap?

Quite a few times I had to go to passenger services to get tokens as the card reader was not working.

Have to pay somehow for those non-working token dispensing machines.

Have to pay somehow for those non-working token dispensing machines.

You know I bet people try to shove fake tokens in and that is why it is broke! I heard the crowd cruising on the Sapphire can be rough on everything!

You know I bet people try to shove fake tokens in and that is why it is broke! I heard the crowd cruising on the Sapphire can be rough on everything!

It was the token selling machine that was broken.

People (try to) buy tokens at that machine using their cruise card. They do not put tokens (fake or real) into it.

Sorry to hear about the price increase but thanks for the update.

Marilee

It was the token selling machine that was broken.

People (try to) buy tokens at that machine using their cruise card. They do not put tokens (fake or real) into it.

Its been awhile since i did laundry on a Princess Ship!

• 2 weeks later...