Need Help with Shoe Question

I just bought two new fancy black gown/dresses and I have a pair of black dressy shoes. This is my question.

Do I go bare-legged or wear sheer black hose?

The shoes are closed pointy toe, in a gros-grain type material. They have a strap that goes diagonally across the instep and close with a square rinestone buckle. They have a skinny high heel.

Normally I don't wear hose with open toe shoes but what about shoes like the above?? What would you do?

Thanks.

I think you could go either way, whichever you feel is more comfortable.

Personally, I'd wear very sheer black hose and I think it's more polished and formal looking.

If you do go barelegged, maybe one of those body shimmer moisturizers would give your legs a nice glow?

Jane

I think you are fine either way. My rule is closed toe = pantyhose, open toe = bare leg.

With closed toe mules, I do not wear pantyhose.

I think it depends on the dresses and how much leg will show. I would be inclined to wear very sheer black hose. IMHO, it is a more elegant look.

I will also bring a black skirt and strappy black sandals. But I'm blonde and don't tan, so will wear 'natural nude' hose. It'll at least look barelegged!

I really don't like black hose in a warm climate - it looks so over-dressed.

I think you are fine either way. My rule is closed toe = pantyhose, open toe = bare leg.

I completely agree. I don't ever wear hose with an open toe shoe. Can't stand hose anyway, but cannot fathom wearing them on a cruise!!! I do put a shimmery lotion on my legs - looks good to me :)

Archived