Getaway Review December 6 - 13, 2014

Bunnynme

First week back from vacation is crazy. It was myself age 47 and my husband age 45. So finally found some time for a review. Getaway was a beautiful ship, still new. I found the public spaces a little smaller than Epic but still beautiful. We stayed in a Haven Spa Suite, 14138. Yes with the pole which I really didn't deem a problem at all. The tub takes 20 minutes to fill and to be honest with you I only used it once. We love Norwegian. I was so excited to see that Adrian was our concierge. He was the concierge when we where on Epic last year and he is absolutely fantastic. The haven area is beautiful and the service in the Haven Restaurant was amazing. We ate at Moderno, a lot of wonderful food coming to the table until you turn over to red to say stop. This is my husband's dream restaurant. We also ate at Le Bistro. Food there was great also. This restaurant is smaller than the one on the Epic. We ate at the buffet for lunch 2 times, all our other meals were at the haven. Burn the Floor was wonderful. We really enjoyed the Illusionarium, the show was good but the food was okay, we hit the buffet for a quick snack afterward.

I enjoyed Legally Blond but my husband did not. The dueling pianos was wonderful and we went there a few times late.

We did have lunch at O'Sheehan's one day and enjoyed it. Also did the bowling and that was fun.

My husband did the ropes course and zipline and said it was fun. Not my thing.

The spa was my absolute favorite. We payed for access to the thermal suite when we were on the Epic which was why we booked the Spa Suite this time. I was there every single day of the cruise sometimes 2 times.

My husband did the 5k run excursion that is new to NCL. It is be Active Island Tours, it is a run with a history tour. He said it was fantastic. They learned the history while they were running and stopped for pictures. I went to the spa and was the only 1 it in for the first 45 minutes, I was there as soon as it opened. Loved the pool in there as well as the heated tile loungers.

We have been to all the ports before, so just got off and did some shopping.

We loved our experience on the Getaway. Let me know if you have any questions that I may be able to answer for you.

Thank you

Madeline

Thank u for the review! Just a few questions regarding spa area. Never been on NCL but my sis and I will be on the Getaway Spa Mini Suite. We can't afford the Havens.

-- Do they give u a wristband or something that tells u have access?

-- Can we just leave the room in our robes and won't be frown upon?

-- Is there a separate place for shower and get dress?

I know these might be stupid questions....anything would help. Thank u.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank u for the review! Just a few questions regarding spa area. Never been on NCL but my sis and I will be on the Getaway Spa Mini Suite. We can't afford the Havens.

-- Do they give u a wristband or something that tells u have access?

-- Can we just leave the room in our robes and won't be frown upon?

-- Is there a separate place for shower and get dress?

I know these might be stupid questions....anything would help. Thank u.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not stupid question at all:

You get a sticker that goes on your cruise card, when you get to the spa they take your card and admit you to the thermal suite area.

Many people were in their robes or simply with towels wrapped around their waists, no problem at all.

They have locker rooms. They give you a locker room key when they take your card. There are showers in there so no problem.

You are going to love it!!!

Madeline

We were on the same sailing as you....we were in a Mini Suite with a Large Balcony on deck 8...did your cabin make a lot of cracking noises? Ours did and reading reviews in the "review section" others had that cracking noise too....I am Platinum on NCL so I love NCL but we have never had such noises in our cabin as we did on the Getaway.

We were on the same sailing as you....we were in a Mini Suite with a Large Balcony on deck 8...did your cabin make a lot of cracking noises? Ours did and reading reviews in the "review section" others had that cracking noise too....I am Platinum on NCL so I love NCL but we have never had such noises in our cabin as we did on the Getaway.

No we didn't experience any cracking noise at all. It was very quiet.

Thanks for the great review! Do you remember which port the 5K was at? Do you remember who was playing at the dueling pianos? Thanks!

Sorry do not remember who was in dueling pianos. It was 2 guys and a girl, they were so much fun. The 5k run was in St. Thomas. My husband said it was fantastic. He wanted me to go but it specifically says for runners. I am a very slow runner and was afraid I would hold everyone up. I actually walk/run. He said there were only 3 of them plus the guide, he was the only 1 from the ship. They did say they are new to NCL. My husband said he would definitely do it again! hope this helps.

We love Norwegian too! We loved our Epic experience, and we're deciding whether to sail it again (with our inexperienced cruising friends this time) or try the Getaway. For us, it's Norwegian's entertainment that impressed us most.

Since you're willing, I have a question for you...

I have no doubts that Illusionarium is a high quality show, the illusionists are great, etc. My specific, perhaps odd, question concerns the "storyline" that's typically woven into these shows. How involved does it get with the "supernatural"? For example, with talk of ghosts, or seances, etc. (And please, the more "spoilers" the better.)

We love Norwegian too! We loved our Epic experience, and we're deciding whether to sail it again (with our inexperienced cruising friends this time) or try the Getaway. For us, it's Norwegian's entertainment that impressed us most.

Since you're willing, I have a question for you...

I have no doubts that Illusionarium is a high quality show, the illusionists are great, etc. My specific, perhaps odd, question concerns the "storyline" that's typically woven into these shows. How involved does it get with the "supernatural"? For example, with talk of ghosts, or seances, etc. (And please, the more "spoilers" the better.)

The Illusionarium was a good show. Mostly magic and slight of hand type of things, disappearing girl, etc. There was a couple where the woman was blindfolded and the man went through the audience asking for something and the woman would use the help of the supernatural spirits to identify things. No real ghosts talk or seances just magic with music etc. Very entertaining.

• 2 weeks later...
The spa was my absolute favorite. We payed for access to the thermal suite when we were on the Epic which was why we booked the Spa Suite this time. I was there every single day of the cruise sometimes 2 times.

I have seen photos of the thermal suite and it looks just amazing! Is the thermal suite cost included with the Haven Spa Suite or do you still have to pay extra?

Also, do you get the same 'suite perks' that the other Haven guests have (such as priority boarding/separate check in, access to the Haven Courtyard, etc)?

I'm debating on a Haven Spa Suite vice a Haven Penthouse Courtyard Suite.

Thanks!,

Mikki

I have seen photos of the thermal suite and it looks just amazing! Is the thermal suite cost included with the Haven Spa Suite or do you still have to pay extra?

Also, do you get the same 'suite perks' that the other Haven guests have (such as priority boarding/separate check in, access to the Haven Courtyard, etc)?

Thanks!,

Mikki

I have the EXACT same questions! My fiancé and I are thinking of booking the Haven Spa Suite for our honeymoon in 2016.

-A

Thanks!,

Mikki

I've sailed in a Spa Suite now 5 times, with the 6th coming up in a month. I prefer it, because it includes all amenities associated with the Haven, and all amenities associated with the Thermal Suite.

I rarely use the in-suite whirlpool, but having thermal suite access without having to race to Guest Services is a plus.

I've sailed in a Spa Suite now 5 times, with the 6th coming up in a month. I prefer it, because it includes all amenities associated with the Haven, and all amenities associated with the Thermal Suite.

I rarely use the in-suite whirlpool, but having thermal suite access without having to race to Guest Services is a plus.

Thanks, but is the thermal suite included in the price or do you still have to pay extra? And you still get the same Haven perks as all of the Haven suites (such as the Haven Courtyard Penthouse), correct?

I am debating between the Haven Courtyard and a Haven Spa Suite. I really love the photos of the thermal suite so I know I will want to spend alot of time there.

Mikki

Thanks, but is the thermal suite included in the price or do you still have to pay extra? And you still get the same Haven perks as all of the Haven suites (such as the Haven Courtyard Penthouse), correct?

I am debating between the Haven Courtyard and a Haven Spa Suite. I really love the photos of the thermal suite so I know I will want to spend alot of time there.

Mikki

I thought I was pretty clear. The Thermal Suite is included. All Haven benefits are included.