Lightweight jackets

jamesnnb

We have seen/purchased white and black lightweight zip-up jackets in Cabo that say 'Los Cabos, Mexico' on the sleeves. Hood and draw string on the bottom. The material has a little crinkle-look. We were wondering if any that knows what I'm describing has also seen them in PV and/or Mazatlan?

• 2 weeks later...
We have seen/purchased white and black lightweight zip-up jackets in Cabo that say 'Los Cabos, Mexico' on the sleeves. Hood and draw string on the bottom. The material has a little crinkle-look. We were wondering if any that knows what I'm describing has also seen them in PV and/or Mazatlan?

How much are they?

Your days in Mexico will more then likely be warm and beautiful. You shouldn't need a jacket at all, except for the first and last sea days, they tend to be a bit cooler. I cannot remember a time in Mexico I wasn't in shorts or my bathing suit and coverup.

• 5 weeks later...

We got ours at the local flea market -- I think it is called The Marina Mercado. You can bargain a bit. It seems like the 'inner' stalls bargain more than the 'sidewalk' stalls -- but that could be because not everyone goes 'inside'. We found they were nice to wear on the ship, out on deck, too.

Not sure if the fabric is the same as you describe but I have seen the jackets at the various markets around town in PV. If I notice them anywhere I'll ask them the price (I am here for the winter). You can barter but I often feel that they need the money more than I do so I don't bargain too much. I feel better that way than saving a few pesos. Depends of what I feel the value is - if it's good value I pay the price.

Wendy