Haarlem to Ijmuiden

GAJE

I also answered on the HAL. No problem finding a cab, my best guess is it will cost you around E. 75.-

You cruiseline might offer a shuttle from Amsterdam but not from haarlem.

Dutch taxi's are metered but you are allowed to agree/kind of negotiate on a fixed fare before entering.

Below I ran a daytime example for Haarlem Central Station to Felison Cruise Terminal IJmuiden with the maximum fares a passenger car cab (not a small van, they are a bit more) is allowed to charge you:

Startup fee; € 2,89 maximum

Travel fare; ca. 17 kilometers; €2,12 maximum * 17 = € 36,04

Time fare; 20 minutes * € 0,35 = € 7,-

2,89 + 36,04 + 7,00 = € 45,93 maximum.

Official Dutch cabs have blue license plates, you have the right to receive a printed receipt and tipping (anything from small change - up to 10%) will be appreciated (one of the few things the Dutch tip at ;) ). Any supplements i.e. for carrying your luggage should be agreed on before driving off, such supplements are not common anyway.

I wouldtry and settle on a fixed fare 35 + 2½ or 5 Euro tip if you get in waiting cab at the train station. A called cab from your hotel would be metered or agreed on a fixed fare with the dispatcher.

This question was also on the HAL board. There I later could give him a link to a taxi website, which offers rides Haarlem-IJmuiden for E. 50,- The poster is in direct contact now with them.