Sailing out of Port Canaveral ?'s

HawkIVette

Thinking of a cruise out of Port Canaveral. Few questions need answered first.

What's the best/only Airport to fly into?

What does carnival charge per person for their transfers to and from the Port?

What does the average taxi ride cost if you have done that before?

Thanks for your help.

Fellow Hawkeye fan here in Ga

You would fly into Orlando.

Carnival does offer transfer from the airport to PC. I think it's about $30pp each way. There are transfer vans that are cheaper.

Hope this helps. We are going out of PC in Feb on the Liberty.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your help.

Taxi would be crazy expensive. I rented a car both ways from budget and paid $40 each way, it was nice having a car. They have a shuttle to and from the rental place also. I turned the car in the next day at noon after getting breakfast, playing mini golf and picking up some items.

Thanks, guys. Never thought about renting a car. That would be the best choice. Not have to wait for the CCL transfer and having the option of doing something else for the rest of the day. Thanks

I didn't think about it either until I saw the rates were reasonable.

Thanks for your help.

You might want to check out the Melbourne FL airport. Only Delta and US Airways fly in there but it was cheaper for us and is closer to the port (22 miles). A nice small airport not the mayhem of MCO.

You might want to check out the Melbourne FL airport. Only Delta and US Airways fly in there but it was cheaper for us and is closer to the port (22 miles). A nice small airport not the mayhem of MCO.

Melborne airport was a breath of fresh air compared to Orlando. We have always flown into MCO but would do MLB in a heartbeat again. ONLY 35 min to Cocoa Beach, NO traffic. Rented a car just steps from the terminal. Unless you want to experience Disney I'd recommend MLB as a great alternative!

Taxi would be crazy expensive. I rented a car both ways from budget and paid $40 each way, it was nice having a car. They have a shuttle to and from the rental place also. I turned the car in the next day at noon after getting breakfast, playing mini golf and picking up some items.

I can't find that low rate on Budget....there is a one way drop off fee of $35 all by itself??? hmmm....looking into renting a car as well!

We're flying into MCO come April and spending the day before the cruise in Cape Canaveral.

Being we're in "vacation mode", I decided to splurge for a "limo" (town car) to our hotel. The cost is going to be around $100, plus tip. Then, get a cab for debarkation day for around $20.

Mind you, we "ain't rich", but, the few extra bucks for the convenience is worth it.

Just my two cents worth.....:rolleyes:

We're flying into MCO come April and spending the day before the cruise in Cape Canaveral.

Being we're in "vacation mode", I decided to splurge for a "limo" (town car) to our hotel. The cost is going to be around $100, plus tip. Then, get a cab for debarkation day for around $20.

Mind you, we "ain't rich", but, the few extra bucks for the convenience is worth it.

where are you going in a cab for $20 from Port Canaveral?

Just be aware you will be stuck at the hotel without a car. If I was doing more than just an overnight at a hotel, I would rent a car. :)

As far as staying at the hotel, yes, we are "staying put". We won't check in until 4:00 PM or so the night before the cruise. Plus, where we are staying is walking distance from a burger joint and a convenience store.

The cab ride will cost about $20 the morning of the cruise from our hotel to Port Canaveral. The thing being with the taxi is that we will get to the port when we want to.;)

Edited by jayscore
content

I recommend MLB as a great alternative!

I agree 100%. Melbourne (MLB) is such a great option and, in many ways, superior to Orlando (MCO).

Melbourne is the closest airport to Port Canaveral. About half the distance. The airport is small and uncrowded. It has the feel of a small city regional airport. Many times, your airplane may be the only one departing or arriving. That means very small lines at the security airport (which is such a welcome change for anybody who has dealt with the insane security lines at Orlando, with thousands of passengers departing, half who are hauling strollers).

There is transportation to Port Canaveral, either through Carnival, private shuttle, or car rental. If renting a car, you walk from the counter straight to your car, parked a few feet away curbside. No wasted time traversing a massive car rental center.

Finally, Melbourne is served by two major airlines Delta and US Airways, which means that most likely you can get there from any other city served by them.

Only drawback is associated with one of its strengths. Because it's a small airport, there aren't as many flights as Orlando so options may be a bit limited for some. Otherwise, I wouldn't hesitate to use MLB instead of MCO.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app