Celebrity San Juan Food and Cultural Tour?

mike13340

I haven't tried the one offered through Celebrity, but I have tried two different Food/Culture/Drink tours in Old San Juan. We enjoyed Flavors of San Juan, because it was extremely informative. We learned so much about the history of OSJ and Puerto Rico. We also took the Sip and Savor Drinking tour through Spoon Food Tours. We really liked the energy and food of that tour(and drinks), but it wasn't as heavy on history and facts. I think the food and drinks were a little better on the Spoon Food Tour. They took us to La Cueva Del Mar, which was our favorite restaurant of our entire 9 day trip. We even made a special trip back to OSJ just to go there. The fish tacos were AMAZING!

Edited by Seatbelt_Bag_LOVE
more details

Has anyone had any experience with the San Juan Food & Cultural Tour offered by Celebrity? My wife and I are scheduled on the Silhouette this coming March and are looking at signing up for that excursion while in Puerto Rico.

We did a foodie tour in OJS in Feb 2013. Arranged through RCCL though it was 2 days after we departed our cruise. Great experience! Food was ok, interesting. But real value to us was the delightful young lady who not only knew her foods and restaurants but also provided a walking tour of OSJ as we went from venue to venue. And there was only one other couple with us. A great experience, but it is going to be luck-of-the-draw with your guide and tour companions. Worth a try! We have since been back to all of the venues for lunch or dinner.