Late vs early dinner

kac13090

I know we could do anytime dining but my kids like to have the same table each night. I'm already signed up for early dinner but considering changing go late.

We are going on the Sunshine March 20th. If you choose late dinner, are the shows after or before?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

agree that it depends on the show. Some are done before the late seating and some after. Family comedy shows usually start around 7pm if I remember correctly. Just be aware that late seating dining doesn't start until 8:15 and when we've done this, we usually aren't done much before 9:45.

I think it depends on your kids, how old they are, when they are used to eating. A lot of the kids opt for eating with their peers at Camp Carnival, but if it's family dining you want then I'd go with early seating. But at the same time, you can always do Anytime dining and request the same server and how large of a table you'd like. We love the Anytime because we don't have to hurry back from excursions and we don't miss the shows we want to see. It's all win win!!!

Carole

With anytime dining, you can also get the same table/waitstaff every night, just request it when you check in. We do that every cruise if we like our wait staff. It's nice not being tied down to a time, if we leave from port late, then we don't have to rush to get to dinner. If we're not hungry early, we go later.

We have always chosen the late seating. Even after we started bringing the kids. No rush to get back on port days, and the deck and pool area clears out quite a bit and becomes less crowded. There's plenty of food to keep everyone tied over, and alot of times the kids eat in camp anyway. When we attend the shows, we go before dinner instead of after. Like your kids OP, we prefer the same table every night.

On some ships, the late show will be repeated earlier further along in the cruise

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg I still cruise for warm chocolate melting cake (with two sugar free vanilla ice creams)

Ok, it begs the question, why the sugar free ice cream? :D

We've always done early dining because of our son. This next trip we're going to try the My Time dining and see how we like it.

you can still go early, and you can still have the same table and waitstaff.

BUT

if you are going to be late or if your kids are hungry earlier one day... no problem with anytime dining :)

On my first cruise I did early seating Because I was "with young kids" and thought that was the best option. I learned, for us, it was not.

After that I always did late seating. I enjoy having the same waitstaff and table mates and much more prefer the late seating and not having to feel "rushed"...as I did on my first cruise...for dinner. My kids adjusted just fine and we all had a great time.

This really depends on your family,

On our first cruise we rushed and went back to the cabin to shower and get ready for dinner when we had early seating. When we switched to late seating it was much more relaxing and what we did from then on.

Personally, I prefer traditional seating over YTD

I have cruised a lot with my sister and her 3 children. We have tried early, late, ATD and find the Any time works best for us. With the kids in different clubs there was always a child missing dinner. Doing ATD, we can plan a good time to go and we just tell the waiter to bring the kids dinner with the rest of our aps. If no children goes, even better- LOL

We do late dining. 8:15 is like 7:15 at home and we don't usually eat until about 6:30-7. This last cruise my daughter who is 8 decided she didn't want to sit through dinner. So our fantastic waitress would put in her dinner order so it was ready when out appetizers came. She was usually done eating and I had time to run her up to camp carnival before our main course was served. Or if she wasn't finished I would run her up between main course and dessert. So if the kids don't want to sit through dinner just ask the wait staff to bring theirs out ASAP and take them to camp or if they are old enough let the, do tear own thing when they are done. We went to most of the shows at like 7 before dinner and that worked great. I would like to try ATD some time but I like the same wait staff and like to sit with others than just who I travel with.