Cancellation / Change question.

Rock712

Hopefully can get some help on a question I have. We have a cruise booked for May. Have already paid the deposit of course , but have not paid the balance. There is a chance we may have to change our plans. According to Carnival website there will be a penalty of $700.00 at this point if we cancel. If I decide to change , is that money gone , or can I just apply it to another cruise. We wont be cancelling to get our money back , just cancelling that particular cruise and then booking another one in it's place.

It depends on the rate fare you booked. If you booked ES, then there is a $50/person admin fee that is charged to change the cruise to one within two years. But you forfeit the fare if you change within the last 7 days prior to the cruise.

What kind of rate did you book? Your cruise isn't for another 5 months, so most rates will allow changes this far out for no penalty or a small penalty (like Early Saver which charges $50pp).

If for some reason you're booked under a rate that has a fully non refundable and non changeable deposit, then you're out of luck. Your changes will be treated as a cancellation of your old cruise and booking of a new one, so you'd forfeit that amount.

If you don't know what kind of rate you booked under, I recommend calling your TA, PVP, or Carnival so that they can tell you. They should be able to provide more accurate information than our speculation in this forum. :o

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi