Drink Pkg Gratuity

billsr

It is included in the package cost. One time charge applied to the amount of the package. I think it is 15% not sure

You are correct, 15% added to the price of the package at the time the package is purchased. No further gratuties added when ordering drinks.

But--I would like to add that on our TA we had the drink package and we were presented zero bills to sign each time we ordered a drink. The bill had printed on it that a gratuity had been included. [in text on the top]

However, it (1.--negated the benefit of not having to sign slips every time you have a drink and (2.--made me feel cheap if I did not add an additional tip. :mad:

You are correct, 15% added to the price of the package at the time the package is purchased. No further gratuties added when ordering drinks.

I knew you would confirm or correct, I love your postings, you are wealth of information.

But--I would like to add that on our TA we had the drink package and we were presented zero bills to sign each time we ordered a drink. The bill had printed on it that a gratuity had been included. [in text on the top]

However, it (1.--negated the benefit of not having to sign slips every time you have a drink and (2.--made me feel cheap if I did not add an additional tip. :mad:

We get the drink package on our cruises. We find some bartenders have us sign the tickets and others don't. That being said, we typically like to leave an extra tip the first -time we are served by a bartender. He or she doesn't expect us o tip every time and we get GREAT service!

My husband had the utimate package, he was never offered any slips to sign, when I ordered my drinks, I did get a slip to sign. He enjoyed the package and got his money's worth as he had drinks, fresh juice, speciAlity coffees and bottled water.

Edited by 1cruise2U
Misspelled word

So far we've just had Replenish. On Freedom in January we got slips about half the time. On Vision we generally went to just the coffee/Ben&Jerry's place, and they had us sign electronically. No paper slip, but signing.

Since tip was included it didn't make me feel cheap. But it was odd on Freedom because each time I wanted to tip more, they didn't print out a slip. They got it wrong each time LOL.