Breakaway - Second City?

caseymarie15

I was wondering if anyone knows if the comedy at Second City changes nightly? On other cruise lines there are different comedians that do differnt sets nightly, but I could find no information about it on NCL's website. I'm just wondering if it is worth it to book multiple nights!

Also are there additional shows to what is listed? We are on a 12 day cruise and only having the 2 shows seems weird. I guess I need to get used to the differences of Norwegian!

Thanks,

Casey

First, just so you know, you will only be able to reserve one show. There is a line for standbys each show though, so you should be able to see more than one. They usually offer three shows a night. One is family friendly, one is teen and above friendly and the other is adult. They will do an improv show which obviously will be different at each showing. The other shows are basically sketch shows with maybe a bit of improv thrown in. The sketches for each type of show will be the same. If you are staying in the Haven, you may be able to reserve more shows on board if the concierge is able to do that.

We saw 2 different shows, and there were two others that we couldn't make if I remember correctly. We had reservations for both shows, made at different times. Maybe there is a restriction regarding more than one reservation at a time; we made the second after we had seen the first show. Very funny group; I would have seem all the available shows if I had the time.

Fwiw...the wife and I saw 2 shows this past week. The pg-13 version

(2nd show of the day) and the late show (X-rated?). Same 6 performers in each, with same format and just different fillers for each ( don't want to spoil the show for anyone). Funny and entertains. Lasts about an hour. Get there early because good seats go quickly and then you are stuck behind poles which will partially block your view!

We just got off the Breakaway and I think DS saw about six shows? We only had reservations for two, he just went into standby for the rest. He's an extreme fan, lol. We did notice that there was a lot more variety in shows this time than there was last March, where the same couple of shows seemed to repeat.