Price drops and how do they work?

NOSaints1

My DW and I are on our first Celebrity cruise, to Alaska in 2016, we've never sailed Celebrity and have only sailed Carnival, on Carnival if the price drops before final payment date it goes back on your cc, after payment date it goes as an OBC, so my question is how does it work on Celebrity and if you've booked with a CVP do they monitor the price for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You need to watch the prices yourself and then request the new price through the CVP (or a TA if you transfer the cruise to a TA). You MAY be eligible for the lower price, but some new pricing will not apply for various reasons, including "new bookings only stipulation". Of course you should be able to cancel and re-book, but you may loose perks that you currently have. There are sites to help monitor cruise prices, one is a fishy cruise site, but I have found discrepancies in the pricing they have and actual pricing, so always best to double check with Celebrity's site.

I am certain others will have more to add.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

There is little recourse after final payment. The way both Royal and celebrity now work is that when they reprice....pricing goes to current day. So if you booked with a promotion such as the 123 promo and the price of you cabin category drops after final payment....if that package is no longer offered with the lower price of a higher category you will loose that promotion if you try to upgrade. These lines are pushing people away from booking early unless you get a VERY good deal in advance. Love both these lines but they have gone into the frequent practice of plummeting pricing after final.

... Love both these lines but they have gone into the frequent practice of plummeting pricing after final.

Prices will only drop if there are a lot of unsold cabins. Most of our cruises have been during higher demand cruising times (such as the Caribbean in March) when the ships tend to sell out. More often then not the best prices were far in advance and prices were much higher after final payment. On the other hand if a ship has a fair amount of unsold cabins they'll discount them heavily, often with use of lower category guarantees, to move the inventory.

Celebrity's pricing policy for the USA is on their website:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/best-price-guarantee

Prices will only drop if there are a lot of unsold cabins. Most of our cruises have been during higher demand cruising times (such as the Caribbean in March) when the ships tend to sell out. More often then not the best prices were far in advance and prices were much higher after final payment. On the other hand if a ship has a fair amount of unsold cabins they'll discount them heavily, often with use of lower category guarantees, to move the inventory.

Celebrity's pricing policy for the USA is on their website:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/best-price-guarantee

Yes...does depends on time of year. Spring break is busiest Caribbean time...so those not so much. However I have often seen some serious price drops on both Europe and Alaska post final. Just sailed Reflection a few weeks ago. While that sailing was priced quiet cheap pre-final....pricing still crashed post final to crazy low pricing with plenty inventory available. Also depends how much unsold group space comes back into play....and that usually seems to hit just around or after final.

"It depends".

If 123 or whatever promotion still applies to the new lower price then yes. Sometimes it works and you don't loose the promo, other times your loose the promo.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For price drops, if you have booked with a 123Go promotion, do you lose it if you get a price drop?

Thanks!

Mary Anne

You will only lose the promo you have if the new lower price is a "special". If it is the current, standard price, then you will get to keep your promo. Of course, it must happen before final payment.

Edited by gimletgal

You will only lose the promo you have if the new lower price is a "special". If it is the current, standard price, then you will get to keep your promo. Of course, it must happen before final payment.

Thats not actually quite accurate....it was in the past. However like i said .....the way celebrity NOW works is they reprice to "todays"pricing...that includes promos. So lets say you got the 123 promo and after final you see a lower price....well the only way you can upgrade and keep the promo is if the promo is still being offered. Almost always the 123 promo is gone prior to final.

Edited by bajathree