Transfer to Fort Lauderdale from Port of Miami PLUS Miami tour

drcool

Hi all, Trying to organise everything for our first ever cruise on Epic in April. I have a bit of a problem in that when the cruise ends on April 19th we need to transfer to our hotel in Fort Lauderdale but also want to do a tour of Miami as it will be the only chance we have on this trip. Have found a great tour and the guide will pick us up at the Port, take us on the 4 hour tour and drop us off at our hotel - fantastic, but the catch is for only two of us the cost is USD$600/AUD$800 which I cannot justify. Would anyone have any ideas how to get around this? If I can find some more of our cruising people who need to get to Fort Lauderdale and would like to join us the $600 cost is divided, ie 6 people = $100 each (max 11 people) - I think that is very reasonable considering it is basically door to door. If anyone is interested please reply. Thanks all Cheers, Dean from Down Under Aus.

Edited by drcool

Post this on the roll call for your cruise - since they will have the same travel dates you should get a better response. For 4 hours of private limo time plus a drop at your FLL area hotel (45+ minutes away), you have a reasonable price.

You might also look at the Hop-on/Hop-off bus tour of Miami & Miami Beach and then taking a cab to your FLL area hotel for about $80 plus the cost of the tour tickets.

Edited by JohninDC

Thanks John, I have also loaded my thread on my particular cruise roll call. Are you saying that $600 is a reasonable price? Fair enough if so as I have not got a lot of idea, but I couldn't justify spending that much. The hop on, hop off bus sounds ok but then we have the luggage issue. Might end up skipping Miami all together and just check out Fort Lauderdale!! Cheers, Dean