Regal Princess cabin-choices?

floinnc

We may be booking a cruise this March on the Regal Princess and would like a comparison of Deluxe Balcony cabin A733 or mini suite-guarantee.

We generally like mid ship or aft but would consider another location if the mini suite is worth the extra cost.

Opinions anyone?

thanks.

If you like to hand pick your location, not sure why you'd look at a gty. You can end up in a larger room, but in a less desireable location/deck will you be happy? I'd look at pics of mini suites and then study where they all are located. Look good to you?;)

We may be booking a cruise this March on the Regal Princess and would like a comparison of Deluxe Balcony cabin A733 or mini suite-guarantee.

We generally like mid ship or aft but would consider another location if the mini suite is worth the extra cost.

Opinions anyone?

thanks.

Depends on what is important to you. Mini suite gets you a larger bathroom with a full tub, two TVs, a full size sofa, a curtain that can be closed to separate the sleeping area and the seating area, a nifty little shelf just inside the door and a glass of cheap champagne at sail-away.

Deluxe Balcony has a shower, one TV and a love seat.

Unless you are fully forward, fully aft or in a mid-ship mini suite/Deluxe Balcony with the extended balcony, the balconies will probably be the same size for either stateroom category.

There are a lot of photos and some videos of mini suites and Deluxe Balconies - just Google Royal Princess or Regal Princess and mini suite/deluxe balcony. (Regal and Royal have same layouts.)

With a mid-ship location starboard be aware of the sight lines from the Sea Walk. According to some, there are more vibrations aft.

Enjoy, whichever you choose.

Since we will be celebrating our anniversary we decided to treat ourselves to the mini suite. We booked category MC cabin L225.

Thanks for all your quick replies!

We too elected to splurge on the mini suite (port side forward, deck 14, R210) as the cost did not seem prohibitively higher than the next lower tiered room. This was our first ever cruise and I am so glad we did this. The room size was awesome and having the full size tub/shower was terrific. We liked to get away from the hustle and bustle every now and then so having this beautiful sanctuary to retreat to was well worth the extra cost.

Since we will be celebrating our anniversary we decided to treat ourselves to the mini suite. We booked category MC cabin L225.

Thanks for all your quick replies!

Congratulations on selecting a mini-suite.

Looks like you will be under the Retreat area. Word of caution - I think Pam in CA mentioned that noise from deck chairs being moved during deck cleaning could be heard in the wee hours of the morning. Hopefully you are heavy sleepers.

If there is a comparable cabin avail, they will usually switch. No guarantees tho.

Move one deck down and you should be fine (my rule of thumb, always avoid the highest and lowest passenger decks when possible)

We have paid our final payment so does anyone know if we would be able to switch to another mini suite? If so what are your suggestions for a quieter MC cabin?

Based on these postings and more intense reading, I asked our TA to switch our cabin and he did without extra charge or problems. We'll now be in M222 above and below cabins. Thanks everyone!

Fantastic - isn't Cruise Critic great! Have a wonderful trip.

Edited by MarKay525

We too elected to splurge on the mini suite (port side forward, deck 14, R210) as the cost did not seem prohibitively higher than the next lower tiered room. This was our first ever cruise and I am so glad we did this. The room size was awesome and having the full size tub/shower was terrific. We liked to get away from the hustle and bustle every now and then so having this beautiful sanctuary to retreat to was well worth the extra cost.

We have the same exact room booked for our Western Caribbean Cruise on December 6, 2015.

• 5 weeks later...
Based on these postings and more intense reading, I asked our TA to switch our cabin and he did without extra charge or problems. We'll now be in M222 above and below cabins. Thanks everyone!

we will have this cabin in 5 days! i hope you liked it. we went around and around with the Princess rep when we booked it, as we'd heard other's concerns about noise from the jumbotron and the buffet from some of the other cabins in the same category. She assured me this one was quiet!

we will have this cabin in 5 days! i hope you liked it. we went around and around with the Princess rep when we booked it, as we'd heard other's concerns about noise from the jumbotron and the buffet from some of the other cabins in the same category. She assured me this one was quiet!

The Princess rep assured you it was quiet?

Thats comforting. :eek:

Where might they have obtained that info.

Coming from someone that probably has never seen a ship in person let alone sail on one.

Hopefully you will not have any issues. :)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We are not going till March. I would love to get feedback on this cabin after you sail. Can you post back on this thread after your cruise? Enjoy-we are really looking forward to exploring this ship!

Flo

Opinions anyone?

thanks.

Just got off the Regal with cabin R734 - deluxe aft balcony. Absolutely loved it and had an extra large balcony.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think Pam in CA mentioned that noise from deck chairs being moved during deck cleaning could be heard in the wee hours of the morning. Hopefully you are heavy sleepers.

Not to be a Negative Nelson, but we were upgraded on Royal from an Obstructed Deluxe Balcony to one of the L-deck Minis and turned it down for that reason. We were happy with our original choice for an 18-day adventure.

Steve

My wife and I will be on the Princess Regal for a 14 day Caribbean Cruise starting the 27 of Dec.

Since this is our first cruise with Princess it would be great to have more info and if possible pics of our cabin on the Aloha Deck A434((handicap). I have a small scooter and I think that I may be able to get the scooter on the deck.

Not a lot of info on this cabin. They say it is about 333 sq feet including the deck.

Gene

Edited by wildcatfever

• 4 weeks later...

:)Hi!

I just booked B732 for a TA leaving FLL to Copenhagen on April 17th 25 day sailing. Was thinking of booking a mini suite due to length of sail but what was available was another $2500. that's a lot of excursions and drinks. :-) And it appears that deluxe balcony vs mini suites rooms are similar in size sans tub and full sofa.

We have sailed aft before, this is not full aft but last one on the port side. Anyone have any experiences with this cabin or similar? I'm hoping soot issue does not affect "side afts". Thanks!

• 1 month later...

We also have booked this cabin for our December 4, 2016 cruise. It will our first cruise in a mini-suite. We decided to splurge to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Feedback and photos would be greatly appreciated.