Allure of the Seas December 14 review in photos

After sailing on the Oasis nearly two and a half years ago, I decided it was time to try the Allure on December 14-21, 2014. The trip had a different feel and tone to it but once again, I had a great time and look forward to my next cruise.

My last thread seemed popular enough so I figured I'd share some images from this trip. I'll add new photos over the coming days as I have time to go through them.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

What's everyone's thoughts on the size of these photos? I've been doing 1024 x768 for my last few reviews, but I can see these fine in my laptop and 2 other screens I frequently use for cruise critic. I'm thinking about updating to 1280x1024 which is what I think these are. I'm seeing a lot more great photos! than too big! remarks. I'm sure some cruise critic user is still on a CRT with 800x768 monitor.

What's everyone's thoughts on the size of these photos? I've been doing 1024 x768 for my last few reviews, but I can see these fine in my laptop and 2 other screens I frequently use for cruise critic. I'm thinking about updating to 1280x1024 which is what I think these are. I'm seeing a lot more great photos! than too big! remarks. I'm sure some cruise critic user is still on a CRT with 800x768 monitor.

I'm having to scroll some to see the entire photo.

Look great on my kindleHD

Sure thing. No flash on the dining room photos; for most shots, I used a relatively high ISO (anywhere between 1,000 to 2,500) with an aperture of 3.5 to 5.0. This kept the shutter speed to around 1/10th to 1/20th of a second which is good enough for hand-held shots on my camera thanks to its image stabilization system. I had to use a mini tripod for the dining room pictures on the Oasis as that camera didn't have stabilization. You can also slightly over-expose them to get a bit more brightness.

Edited by playafly187