Where to start - 5/9/06 Tahitian Princess

tuknshak

Hello everyone-

I am brand new to the CC boards and wanted to get pointers on where to start. My finance and I just booked our honeymoon cruise on the TP for 5/9/06. We are starting to look more into the things to do in each port of call and all things related to the cruise. I guess our first few questions are these....

1) We see in all the member reviews of the TP people referencing info they found on CC. Where is that section on the site?

2) What are people top three things to do in each port of call?

3) We have just completed our PADI scuba certifications which we got mainly so we could go scuba on the cruise. Which are the best islands to scuba on?

4) We plan to stay two extra nights/three days at the end of the cruise. We have heard alot about the Intercontinental Resort Tahiti and the Sheraton. What are some peoples suggestions for our last two nights? Should we stay on Tahiti or go to another island?

Thanks ahead of time for everyone's help and advice ;)

To start off with, after you do this cruise there isn't anything better! You are going to have a wonderful time. Scuba would be awesome at any of the ports, but I think that you will find Bora Bora and moorea one of the best to do this at.

YOu can find just about anything on this site by going to search. type in words you are looking for.

Here are some great tours on some of the islands. I would encourage you to get the Jan Price Tahiti book. It has everything you could want to know.

International Beachcomber in Tahiti was much nicer than Moorea.

We had some our last group that stayed pre-cruise in Moorea at the Sheraton and loved it.

We went to Moorea post for 1 night. Not enough time. "You spend a lot of your day checking out and getting the ferry back to Tahiti. I would think if you go for 2 nights 3 days that would be much better. The food was expensive, but you have to pay for paradise.

Here are some tours we did on our own. YOu save A LOT of money doing your own booking pre-cruise. I would say you need to go ahead and choose some things to do and if they are the really popular ones, then book now.

Huahanie=== Marc's Motu or 4x4

Tahiti===4x4 patricks is good

Raietea, several things to do. Bruno's, Stephan's, motu tours

Cook Islands (if this is on your trip), scoot cars, snorkel on your own, motu tours, circle island tour

Bora Bora===sunset cruise, snorkel, shark boy, Stephan's, helmet dive

Moorea===4x4 tour, motu (several to choose from,, but Stephanie was very popular) helmet dive

There is so much to do. I would suggest getting that Jan Price book. She has great ideas.

Good , you are going to have a blast!!

Nancy

Hi and welcome to the CC boards. You will find this a great resource for information as well as for making friends. Nancy gave you some really good info. I met Nancy and her husban on our TP cruise May, 2004. We all got to know each other before the cruise thru out roll call. You should go to the Princess Roll Call area and search to see if a thread has been started for your cruise. If not start one yourself. It is so fun to go with a group.

We had such a good time that our group decided to do it again April 19, 2006. Please stop by our roll call and read some of the messages. Some contain useful info. Check out the other TP roll calls to get info and ask questions. Members of the roll call would be happy to answer your questions and they are the ones with the knowledge since they have been doing the research.

I would say Bora Bora is the best place to dive but the other islands are really good too. Check out the Scuba/Snorkeling area. We did the Moorea Sheration in an over water room post for two days and it was truly wonderful.

Mike

The reviews section of the site is a little hard to find if you're not familiar with it. I think what you are referring to is on the main (Home Page) - look for "Find a Review". It gives choices by Ship or Cruiseline. Use the pulldown menu to select "Tahitian Princess". There are several options under the picture of the ship, one of which is member reviews. When you click on that they are listed, by date I think. There are several wonderful reviews. I hadn't checked it lately and noticed there were three new ones I hadn't read yet, so you have to check it periodically.

Good luck with your research - I'm having a ball researching our March '06 trip I will second the recommendation for Jan Prince's book - it's been very helpful and informative. I couldn't find it locally (small town), but ordered it from Amazon.

Laura

Well, I will "third" Jan Prince's book! It's been a great resource for us planning our honeymoon cruise. I'll be bringing it with us, just so we don't forget anything. :)

We are staying pre-cruise in an OWB at Le Meridien in Tahiti. I keep reading mixed reviews, but I'll be in paradise and am not that concerned with the little details! And I do know some friends who have stayed at this resort and LOVED it! This will help us get over the 6 hour time difference.

You'll have a great time, and the scuba certification will be very handy. We are doing an intro dive in Bora Bora, to see if we like it!

Welcome to the boards!:cool:

Archived