NCL Breakaway Dec 14-21 2014 any questions will be glad to answer.

shout19661966

Just off the ship on Sunday and had a great time. I know its a big help for people who have questions so I will do my best to answer any and all. Some information we stayed on deck 9 cabin 9802 mini suite. My wife and I sailed and we had the soda package and UDP. We went to cocoa beach for the day. We went to Great Stirrup Cay for a little while mostly for my wife to get her hair braided. Spent the day at the straw market in Nassau also drank at Senor Frogs and ate conch fritters at a hole in the wall local place.

Edited by shout19661966

I'm leaving on Sunday, how did you get to Cocoa Beach? Any tips for the ship?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Was on the same cruise and had a blast. We stayed on in PC but here are some of my tips:

• If the buffet food you want has a long line, keep walking. There is almost always another station with the same food.
  • Uptown grill is a hidden gem for breakfast. It is not crowded and has breakfast sandwiches. If there is something you want not there, walk down a deck, grab what you want, then come back up.
  • Savor or Taste (I think Savor) is open for lunch during embarkation. Ignore the people telling you to go to the buffet unless that's what you want.
  • You can drop off your carry on items in your stateroom upon embarking.
  • Any other plastic card will work for the slot in the room to control the power.
  • Fish on the floor in the stateroom hallways always point to the front of the ship.
  • If you have kids, you can pre-register them in the terminal before embarking. I did not know this and had a wait a little while when on the ship.
  • Prebook all the shows you want to see for the week because they will fill up fast and you will have to wait in line. It is fine if you don't show up.
  • Show up at least 15-20 min early to all the shows if you want good seats.

That's all I can think of for now.

I'm leaving on Sunday, how did you get to Cocoa Beach? Any tips for the ship?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

NCL has a excursion to cocoa beach for $12.99 per person. You can book it right from your tv or any touchscreen through out the ship. Shuttle from the port to the Beach, shuttle picks you back up at the exactly same spot. very easy. Lunch first day go to deck 6 aft.

Edited by shout19661966

I was on the same cruise, but I do have a question. Do you know why we stopped and dropped anchor about an hour after leaving NYC? There was a helicopter with sirens circling the ship at a very low altitude (eye level with my balcony on deck 16). Some sort of large jet with 4 engines flew over us at a very low altitude, and shortly after we stopped.

I was on the same cruise, but I do have a question. Do you know why we stopped and dropped anchor about an hour after leaving NYC? There was a helicopter with sirens circling the ship at a very low altitude (eye level with my balcony on deck 16). Some sort of large jet with 4 engines flew over us at a very low altitude, and shortly after we stopped.

Never heard about that.

I was on same cruise,I thought ship overbooked and crowded, Where did you go to get away from the many children. I stayed in my room at lot. At the private island,I walked over the bridge to the left,got a golf cart shuttle to the back of the island,it has a cove and a small buffet with great ribs. The crew was excellent,everyone was polite ,friendly,efficient. The buffet was clean,tables cleared very fast,noise level high. Take an extra book to donate to the library,their popular books went the 1st day.

Just off the ship on Sunday and had a great time. I know its a big help for people who have questions so I will do my best to answer any and all. Some information we stayed on deck 9 cabin 9802 mini suite. My wife and I sailed and we had the soda package and UDP. We went to cocoa beach for the day. We went to Great Stirrup Cay for a little while mostly for my wife to get her hair braided. Spent the day at the straw market in Nassau also drank at Senor Frogs and ate conch fritters at a hole in the wall local place.

How was your cabin? Do you have any pictures? reviews? We are in 9806.

I was on same cruise,I thought ship overbooked and crowded, Where did you go to get away from the many children. I stayed in my room at lot. At the private island,I walked over the bridge to the left,got a golf cart shuttle to the back of the island,it has a cove and a small buffet with great ribs. The crew was excellent,everyone was polite ,friendly,efficient. The buffet was clean,tables cleared very fast,noise level high. Take an extra book to donate to the library,their popular books went the 1st day.

first day I feared it would be a disaster as it felt packed. I felt with the exception of lunch buffet it wasn't too crowded.

How was your cabin? Do you have any pictures? reviews? We are in 9806.

I was in 9802 and 9800 for the cabin crawl. My cabin was nice it had a huge bathroom and the room itself was nice. Bed was same as every other ncl bed nothing special. Balcony was small and tv was ok but not much to watch unless you wanted to pay per view.

http://www.shipparade.com/az/Norwegian_Breakaway/Norwegian_Breakaway_cruise_ship_review.htm

There are four pictures of the mini suite which gives you a general idea of what they look like. also there is a picture of a 2 buttons and this is how you set your room to do not disturb or clean my room etc. also any card the size of a dunkin donuts card will stay in the light switch and leave the lights on all the time.

I was in 9802 and 9800 for the cabin crawl. My cabin was nice it had a huge bathroom and the room itself was nice. Bed was same as every other ncl bed nothing special. Balcony was small and tv was ok but not much to watch unless you wanted to pay per view.

http://www.shipparade.com/az/Norwegian_Breakaway/Norwegian_Breakaway_cruise_ship_review.htm

There are four pictures of the mini suite which gives you a general idea of what they look like. also there is a picture of a 2 buttons and this is how you set your room to do not disturb or clean my room etc. also any card the size of a dunkin donuts card will stay in the light switch and leave the lights on all the time.

Thanks!

I barely felt it was over crowded other than day 1. There were always plenty of loungers and seating all over. You think kids were a lot on our sailing, the one going on now has 700 more from what I heard.

I barely felt it was over crowded other than day 1. There were always plenty of loungers and seating all over. You think kids were a lot on our sailing, the one going on now has 700 more from what I heard.

I also heard Great Stirrup Cay coming back on the tenders was a 2 hour wait. :(

We were on the 12/21/14 sailing and we're told @ our Meet and Mingle that we missed setting the record of most paxs by 60 or so.

At times it did indeed feel very crowded, especially when trying to eat in the Garden Cafe during the more popular times for all meals, when the theater emptied out after a show, or trying to catch one of many shows they held in the atrium which IMHO was poorly designed trying to hold so many people.

A tip for less lines for the breakfast buffet is to eat at Moderno deck 8 aft between 9-11am, same food as the Garden Cage but was less lines and usally available tables

At GSC, my wife and daughter we able to walk right onto a tender @ 10am. I left at 10:30 and had to wait about 15-20 minutes in the Theater before boarding a tender, than wait another 5-10 minutes for it to fill up.

IMHO, the Lagoon at GSC is the best bet to go to for least amount of crowds and noise. They have their own buffet though not a lot of shade to sit under (their is a covered eating area with picnic tables though)

I left @ 2:30 and was able to walk right onto a tender to get back to the ship. I would imagine the lines though were quite long towards 4pm

• 3 weeks later...