Is the drink pass worth it????

Ksimpson76

Just off the 4 day sailing - we received our money's worth - there were 4 of us - we purchased 2 Premium packages and also brought onboard 4 bottles of wine. Even though the 2 without the drink package drank the wine, there were times those with the package were able to get drinks off the package for the 2 of us without it. It was fun to try so many different drinks and not worry about the price.

Just off the beautiful Brilliance and we had premium package and will do it again in a second. I was with my elderly parents and we started with bloody Mary's and mimosas. By noon we had broken even, by two o'clock whoopee and then a nap, dinner, wine with dinner. Best thing ever, especially getting the $0.00 bar tabs. We brought lots of singles and tipped every time. The bar staff were outstanding and the bars were never overcrowded.

Going on the Allure next month and I will report on the package then.

One of the nicer parts of the package is we didn't have to wait till 5 for our free drinks in the concierge lounge. I think we went once for the suite welcome party. We were happier by the pool bar

Can't wait till next month!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you sure the gratuity is included in the package price. I recall reading somewhere that when the packages first came out; gratuity was included in the package price; but the packages have since underwent a price change where they lowered the price per package but gratuities are no longer included; are billed on top of the package. As an example, the "Premium Package" is $55/day but after gratuity; it is really $63.25/day. Can someone confirm.

Are you sure the gratuity is included in the package price. I recall reading somewhere that when the packages first came out; gratuity was included in the package price; but the packages have since underwent a price change where they lowered the price per package but gratuities are no longer included; are billed on top of the package. As an example, the "Premium Package" is $55/day but after gratuity; it is really $63.25/day. Can someone confirm.

Here are the current prices, and 15% will be added to these prices:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

On my cruise planner i can only order non-alcoholic packages.

We'll probably get the soda one but as for alcoholic one it wouldnt be worth it for me cos i dont drink n if i do i'll prob have 2 out of the whole 7nites. My partner does but sparingly so probably 3-4 out of the 7nites

Yes, it is worth it. No need to worry about what you've spent. You can try a new drink. Don't like it? Get something different, no worries.

Except if you are a light drinker and only have 2 or 3 drinks a day, or less even. Totally not even close to worth it. If you are going to have 4 - 6 drinks a day maybe worth it, maybe not. More than that, almost certainly worth it.

Except if you are a light drinker and only have 2 or 3 drinks a day, or less even. Totally not even close to worth it. If you are going to have 4 - 6 drinks a day maybe worth it, maybe not. More than that, almost certainly worth it.

Thanks thats worth knowing :)

I don't understand these 'is it worth it' threads. It's simple maths - would you spend $45/55/65 (depending on package selected) a day on drinks? If yes it's worth it. If you'd be probably pretty close (maybe over some days but under some days) you might find it worth it for the freedom to try new things. If no then it's not worth it.

Where is the confusion?

I don't understand these 'is it worth it' threads. It's simple maths - would you spend $45/55/65 (depending on package selected) a day on drinks? If yes it's worth it. If you'd be probably pretty close (maybe over some days but under some days) you might find it worth it for the freedom to try new things. If no then it's not worth it.

Where is the confusion?

Lack of knowledge of costs of drinks.

Lack of knowledge of what the individual might want to drink when on the cruise.

On every cruise I've been on I have grand plans to drink lots of tasty drinks when onboard. And then it never happens. First cruise in '03 I had been dreaming of the Mango Tango for a year. And then I got pregnant in the week between wedding and cruise, I knew it (the changes started immediately) and after one rum drink (thinking "normal people wouldn't know about the pregnancy for another 3 weeks!") I just couldn't do it. On other cruises more recently I just don't have room after eating decently and drinking enough water. Or I don't want to walk around tipsy. etc.

Where is the confusion?

For one i have never been on a cruise, i don't know the prices, i don't know how much i'll drink, i don't know the menu.

No confusion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk