Minimum age requirememts

Billy101

We are on a cruise march 1st and i noticed the cruise has minimum age requirements of 4 years on most tours. I can understand the cave tubing and zip lining but the ruins as well?

Does anyone know why? Anyone know if you book and have an infant under the age requirement, will you be allowed to bring them? We are on Carnival.

Any suggestions for private companies? Lamanai and Altun Ha i think look promising especially the river boat ride.

Any help or advice is appreciated and if this is already a topic, please let me know.

Cheers.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

Cruise line age restrictions are partially driven by liability concerns.

Your child (ren) may be different but in my experience younger children will not only get bored but will tire very quickly, especially if it's hot. And they won't understand anything they're looking at. I wouldn't even attempt to take a tweener on a Lamanai tour, much less any child not even in kindergarten. Altun Ha would be a maybe if the tweener showed interest because it's closer with an A/C bus ride and possible food stop.

You might contact any one of the private vendors mentioned on this board and see if they have restrictions for ruins tours.

Our daughter will be 1 yr old and loves riding in her wrap on me or mom. She also loves looking at trees and flowers etc. I know this would be more for us, but i feel she would love looking around at everything. I do agree that Lamanai may be a bit much and better left for a return in the future.

Carnival replied stating the ages are set by the tour companies they use and they must be followed by Carnival. I suspect insurance and liabilities.

As suggested, i will touch base with some tour operators directly.

Cheers.