~ New To Diamond Plus ~

Made it to Diamond Plus on our last cruise ...... What exciting benefits will I get to enjoy in February? I heard about BOGO on speciality restuarants but still not clear on how it all works.

It would help to know what ship you will be on because perks can very between ships.

You will probably get an invitation to one or more behind the scenes tours. You will also have access to a reserved seating section in the main theater.

It would help to know what ship you will be on because perks can very between ships.

You will probably get an invitation to one or more behind the scenes tours. You will also have access to a reserved seating section in the main theater.

Oops !! Navigator ...... I'm a Texas Girl !

Made it to Diamond Plus on our last cruise ...... What exciting benefits will I get to enjoy in February? I heard about BOGO on speciality restuarants but still not clear on how it all works.

On our Oasis and Allure this month, the BOGO was on the first 2 nights. That way, I could use my discount and my wife could use hers.

Make your reservations, and when you request your check, the waiter will take your seapass card and the bill will be for one pp charge. On the second night, be sure to give the waiter the other seapass card to receive the BOGO.

By the way, the Maitre d' can swipe your card and print out your remaining discounts/coupons for each card...nice to see it all on one small paper.

Enjoy the D+ perks!

Welcome to the club, you will enjoy it immensely. My last few cruises, actually it seems in the past 1 1/2 years, I've noticed the specialty restaurants were offering BOGO to everyone for the first night, making the "D+/P coupon worthless to me for the first night.

However, we have had no problem going to the restaurant we wish to book after embarking, applying the coupon that first night (they must ring it up), and making the reservation for a later date.

Edited by Trekker954

First time as D+ on QOTS this month

When booking using the "new math" and using the military rate, we were given a $180 discount instead of $225

Arriving in room there was a letter explaining our benefits. Same internet time, same three drinks on card each evening. No quiet room, like chops to take our breakfast. That is now only for pinnacle and suites

Most were same as diamond. Although BOGO was given first two nights

We were given extra bottles of water upon arrival. No longer Evian, but Crystal brand

No robes. That may have bee bc of room steward who complained about his sore back every time I saw him

No shampoo, body wash, lotion

No cookies or chocolate covered strawberries ( no big deal)

Our card worked in both Diamond and Concierge lounges

Maybe it was just the Quantum. But we had only 2 glasses in room all week, they were never changed. Wiped out and spotted

No recognition, at all

Balcony thick with salt from transatlantic. A month earlier. Could not see thru glass on balcony

I was quite honestly disappointed. Couldn't wait to become D+ but found it had no significant advantages

Waited in lines for bumper cars, I fly, North Star, or getting off or on at ports

No upper tier event

Maybe it was just this ship, but, every time I cruise I feel less and less welcome

I am elite on celebrity and they treat us awesome

Platinum in carnival, they are better lately

Have sailed Princess ince, not again

Think I'm going to try NCL

Hope your cruise goes better. Happy sailing

Guest maddycat

When booking using the "new math" and using the military rate, we were given a $180 discount instead of $225

Arriving in room there was a letter explaining our benefits. Same internet time, same three drinks on card each evening. No quiet room, like chops to take our breakfast. That is now only for pinnacle and suites

We were given extra bottles of water upon arrival. No longer Evian, but Crystal brand

No robes. That may have bee bc of room steward who complained about his sore back every time I saw him

Maybe it was just the Quantum. But we had only 2 glasses in room all week, they were never changed. Wiped out and spotted

No recognition, at all

Balcony thick with salt from transatlantic. A month earlier. Could not see thru glass on balcony

I was quite honestly disappointed. Couldn't wait to become D+ but found it had no significant advantages

Waited in lines for bumper cars, I fly, North Star, or getting off or on at ports

No upper tier event

Maybe it was just this ship, but, every time I cruise I feel less and less welcome

Everything that is in red above is the cabin attendant's responsibility. I would have talked to him. If that didn't get results, I would have talked his supervisor.

Edited by maddycat

Apparently this is the new thing for Balcony class cabins and below. There was no shampoo, conditioner or lotion for us when we entered our D1 balcony cabin. There was a notice in the first day Compass that they would supply shampoo if you did not have any. No lotion or conditioner was available to us. They did not even sell it on the ship... :confused:

We asked the room steward and she told us that they no longer supply these items. We checked with Guest Services and was told the same thing. Junior Suite and above still get them.

Seems pretty cheap to me. You stay a night in the cheapest Motel 6 and you get that at least. At the first port stop, we headed to the nearest drug store to get what we needed.

Everything that is in red above is the cabin attendant's responsibility. I would have talked to him. If that didn't get results, I would have talked his supervisor.

The robes, yes

No glasses, I think may be new policy as I did not see any carts of glasses as I used to, as is getting the ice bucket filled only on request

Service in general has fallen on all of the sailings I have been on in the past year or so.

I called about the cigarette butts on the floor as well as the beer cans when we boarded. Also regarding the thick accumalation if salt, with no results

A lot of people complained because they didn't bring shampoo, expecting that to be in shower, it isn't there anymore

Ink pens and writing paper are long gone.

But it was a surprise to have no upper tier get together.

Room service is pay for now.

Apparently this is the new thing for Balcony class cabins and below. There was no shampoo, conditioner or lotion for us when we entered our D1 balcony cabin. There was a notice in the first day Compass that they would supply shampoo if you did not have any. No lotion or conditioner was available to us. They did not even sell it on the ship... :confused:

We asked the room steward and she told us that they no longer supply these items. We checked with Guest Services and was told the same thing. Junior Suite and above still get them.

Seems pretty cheap to me. You stay a night in the cheapest Motel 6 and you get that at least. At the first port stop, we headed to the nearest drug store to get what we needed.

I thought the exact same thing

Little by little the are getting me angrier and angrier. I bring my own sundries, it is just the fact that I can't stand the large price increases, and the larger cuts in amenities

We always book a balcony, as we cruise at least 6 times a year...or should I say...used to

If you were on the Quantum Dec 1st cruise, you missed it.... I forget what day it was, but it was in the theater for Diamonds and above. Big crowd there. The Captain was there to give a little talk among others.

No recognition, at all

No upper tier event

Rain on other people's parade much?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest maddycat
The robes, yes

No glasses, I think may be new policy as I did not see any carts of glasses as I used to, as is getting the ice bucket filled only on request

Service in general has fallen on all of the sailings I have been on in the past year or so.

I called about the cigarette butts on the floor as well as the beer cans when we boarded. Also regarding the thick accumalation if salt, with no results

A lot of people complained because they didn't bring shampoo, expecting that to be in shower, it isn't there anymore

Ink pens and writing paper are long gone.

Room service is pay for now.

We always ask for and get 4 extra drinking glasses for the cabin. It's never been a problem. Oh, and our last cruise was on the Explorer in Oct.

Again, I think that many of your problem were due to a poor cabin attendant. As someone else posted, there was a top tier event on your cruise. Your cabin attendant probably had the invitations and just didn't bother to deliver them.

I've never had a problem getting everything I ask for on the Freedom...that includes shampoo, conditioner, and lotion bottles. Also I get two bottles of Evian and a bag of yummy butter cookies. Oh, and yes, a robe. Ice twice a day, extra towels, toilet paper, and kleenex. I'm happy with how I'm treated ;)

No problem here, last Friday on the Allure, our stateroom attendant personally gave me a birthday card and a bottle of champagne on ice. Lowell took great care of us, and he really surprised me when we returned from having breakfast in the CL.

And yes, he received a WOW card and a WOW envelope!

Some great information here! What about other coupons on the seapass ? What about laundry ?

I'm curious about the laundry also. Everyone says the benefits are so much better with Royal Caribbean in their loyalty program but other than a concierge lounge it doesn't sound like the benefits are as good as on carnival but may be all the benefits are just not listed?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jana60