We Sailed Royal! A comparison from a frequent Carnival cruise...

We were told by RCCL when I called about making reservations for MTD that it would be going away and it would be first come first serve since people were making reservations and not showing up. So that might be a fix for you in the future.

Thanks for all the positive comments. Let's keep going!

Sail Aways:

MDR:

We chose the My Time Dining option as we do on Carnival, too. My only issue was having to make a reservation for MTD--isn't that the whole point of choosing this option--NOT having to make a reservation??? I much prefer just being able to show up whenever we are ready but it was fine. There was a bit of a line but it passed quickly.

I've cruised both Carnival & Royal numerous times over the last 2-1/2 years, and just my 2 cents. I thought the "live" entertainment on Carnival was much better than my recent cruises on Royal (I enjoy the live classic rock type music). I was so impressed with my Carnival Liberty cruise so much this past April, that I was back on her the next month and then again just three months later. Entertainment, shows and the staff was just super. My last 2 cruises on Royal seem to be less enjoyable. While everyone has their own reasons to cruise a certain cruise line, my loyalty is not to one.

I've cruised both Carnival & Royal numerous times over the last 2-1/2 years, and just my 2 cents. I thought the "live" entertainment on Carnival was much better than my recent cruises on Royal (I enjoy the live classic rock type music). I was so impressed with my Carnival Liberty cruise so much this past April, that I was back on her the next month and then again just three months later. Entertainment, shows and the staff was just super. My last 2 cruises on Royal seem to be less enjoyable. While everyone has their own reasons to cruise a certain cruise line, my loyalty is not to one.

Yes, I agree with you! My earlier Entertainment review was for the show-style offerings. I will get to music very soon:) But you are right on the money!