Le Circuque Show on Jewel

Susie51

This production is excellent; be sure to see it. On our Nov. 29 - Dec. 6 sailing, many people came to both show times.

In order to get the full impact of the show, come in on six and go up or down a few rows.

I have seen this type of production on several different cruise lines. This is the best.

Also, the male dancers for Band on the Run are very good and are featured several times during the week. De' Je Vu reminds me of Crazy Horse and they are very good.

We got there shortly before the show began and sat on the aisle about seven rows from the front. The woman dropped down practically in my DH's lap. lol

It was definitely an up close performance. I'd advise sitting a little farther back. It is an excellent show though.

We were on the Dec. 13 cruise and Cirque is a great show - lots of action. Unless you want performers literally in your lap, sit in the center section, but not too close to the stage. Some of the acrobats perform over the audience. If you are sitting too close to the stage there are performers on silks, rings, and bungee cords and they are behind you while others are on the stage. IMO definitely a show to see.

Do you need reservations for any of the shows, or do you just show up. We have a few 730 specialty reservations and unsure if we would get seats for the 915 shows walking in right at 9 or so.

You just show up. No advance reservations on the Jewel. I'm glad to hear they're still doing this show. It's by far the best I've ever seen on a ship. I haven't been on the Jewel in several years but the cirque show was toward the end of the cruise, either the last night or next to last. I would try to change my dinner reservation to 7 so that you're not rushed.

Do you need reservations for any of the shows, or do you just show up. We have a few 730 specialty reservations and unsure if we would get seats for the 915 shows walking in right at 9 or so.

I have heard that the service is pretty slow in all of the restaurants, and that you should plan on 2 hrs+ to complete dinner service. for a 9:15 show, you should make reservations for 6:30-6:45 to get a good seat at a 9:15 show.