Shore Excursioneer and safety

chiacat

I am travelling solo on the Emerald Princess in February and I'm looking at booking the zipline & cave rafting through Shore Excursioneer. I've read through a few threads that have me worried that I should stick to booking excursions through the cruise due to safety concerns at this port.

Can I please get some feedback as to whether I need to be overly concerned? I don't want to limit myself in what I want to do, but being female, I need to take precautions for my safety as much as possible. Thanks in advance!

I'll let the ladies comment specifically, however, you should consider your safety just as you would in any large city in the US. Don't go alone with strangers. Don't go where you have no business going. Just common sense stuff. Belize city is pretty sketchy but when you get outside the city its OK.

You will be perfectly safe booking an independent tour through any of the well reviewed tour companies. You will be with a group of other cruise passengers from your ship and any other ships in port that day, and the guides are very helpful and professional and will look after your safety.

My wife and I have done this port many times and always book independent excursions. We like the smaller groups and more personal service, and tend to make friends with the staff on repeat visits. We have never felt unsafe.

Belize city itself is not that big, around 65,000 I think. Not really so dangerous IMO compared to a lot of places in the US, just poor and kind of grungy. Just don't go wandering off alone by yourself and you will be fine. There really isn't much to see that you could walk to anyway.

We are going on Emerald on January 25th and have booked Cave Tubing and Zip line with Vitalano Reyes on the recommendation of many here. Looking forward to a very fun time.

Book with any of the reputable tour operators and you will be safe. Enjoy Belize!

We booked our tubing and zipline excursion with shore Excursioneer 36 days before the cruise, online. Got tickets shortly after. Experienced the same as reno in his Belize review. They waited for us and made sure at all times that we are back on schedule.

We really loved the fact that our zip line was not at the regular cruise ship crowd place but on private property. There was no waiting :) We will be back soon hopefully!