Swim with Dolphins - Anthony Key Resort

Cruisewoman79

Anyone know if you can book a tour outside the cruise line to swim with the dolphins at Anthony Key?

We were in Roatan last year and went to a resort on the West End, snorkeled, lobster lunch. Very nice.

We will have our 15 year old and would really love to swim with the dolphins - not just do the encounter.

Thanks!

On cruiseship days, the AKR dolphin encounter is exclusively for cruise ship passengers. Those staying on the island (in hotels etc.) have to book an encounter when ships are not in port.

The only way to see the dolphins on a cruiseship day is to book it onboard a ship...

Now...on the other hand....if they having a slow day, they might allow a few people to slip in...BUT....please note, you will pay the same amount of money as if you booked the excursion onboard...

Anthony's Key Resort and the cruiselines, do NOT want people paying different prices from the same ship, nor do they want people not on the ship paying less.

The next day, when the ships aren't in...the price drops...

It's a pain.....

:(

• 2 weeks later...
On cruiseship days, the AKR dolphin encounter is exclusively for cruise ship passengers. Those staying on the island (in hotels etc.) have to book an encounter when ships are not in port.

The only way to see the dolphins on a cruiseship day is to book it onboard a ship...

Now...on the other hand....if they having a slow day, they might allow a few people to slip in...BUT....please note, you will pay the same amount of money as if you booked the excursion onboard...

Anthony's Key Resort and the cruiselines, do NOT want people paying different prices from the same ship, nor do they want people not on the ship paying less.

The next day, when the ships aren't in...the price drops...

It's a pain.....

:(

The friend with whom I am sailing is a diver and we noticed that AKR has a Diving with the Dolphins excursion. Our cruise line, NCL, doesn't have this listed as an excursion. So is it possible to book it directly through AKR?

Thanks.

If you are saying that NCL is no longer offering the dolphin encounter, then YES, you can book it through AKR.

:D

NCL offers a dolphin encounter. They do not offer a Diving with the Dolphins excursion for scuba divers, as described on the AKR website. That is what I am asking about.

NCL offers a dolphin encounter. They do not offer a Diving with the Dolphins excursion for scuba divers, as described on the AKR website. That is what I am asking about.

It would then be best to contact AKR to see if they offer the Dolphin dive through the resort, without going through the cruiseship, and is available on cruiseship days.

Try: akr@anthonyskey.com

If I find someone in the meantime, I will ask the question on your behalf.

Thank you so much, Murray!

I appreciate it!

Lynn

So, I asked AKR today, and they told me that all cruiseday excursions to AKR must be booked through the cruiseline.

I told them that someone mentioned to me that NCL excursions didn't list/sell the DIVE with the dolphins...

She said they have 3 excursions.

1) Dolphin encounter (standing in the water with the dolphins)

2) Dive with the dolphins

3) Diving....period.

It seems that if indeed NCL does not offer dive with the dolphins (as you say), then there must be a problem somewhere...

The gentleman and his wife who are in charge of the dolphins are away on vacation. I will get clarity upon his/her return...

:confused:

So, I asked AKR today, and they told me that all cruiseday excursions to AKR must be booked through the cruiseline.

I told them that someone mentioned to me that NCL excursions didn't list/sell the DIVE with the dolphins...

She said they have 3 excursions.

1) Dolphin encounter (standing in the water with the dolphins)

2) Dive with the dolphins

3) Diving....period.

It seems that if indeed NCL does not offer dive with the dolphins (as you say), then there must be a problem somewhere...

The gentleman and his wife who are in charge of the dolphins are away on vacation. I will get clarity upon his/her return...

:confused:

Thanks for checking, Murray. I looked again at the NCL excursions offered for our Norwegian Dawn cruise, which will be in Roatan from 10AM to 7PM on Friday 11/25/05. There is no Diving with the Dolphins tour offered, just a "Dolphin encounter" which definitely doesn't mention anything about SCUBA!

I will have my friend call or email AKR.

Again I really appreciate your checking on this!

Lynn

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Murry and all who posted. We don't dive but we do snorkel and I know the "encounter" leaves people wanting the more exciting alternative. I know sometimes you have to book thru the cruiselines in many ports because that is just the way it is and I don't mind paying extra (well I do but .....) :o

Anyway I'm interested if anyone hears more about this.

Archived