QE2 brochure of 9/04 obsolete?

LocoLoco1

QE2 paper brochure dated 9/04 shows (AS AN EXAMPLE) Stateroom #4002 as Category M5. However Cunards Web-page shows it M6 and colored RED. Question: RE: Staterooms #4058 as M1 and #4060 as C5 are side-by-side yet one will eat in Caronia and the other eats in Mauretania?? But accomodations are identical?? Or am I missing something here my travel agent needs to know about??

Tom,

The QE2 is extremely quirky. I can tell you that both 4058 and 4060 have twin beds and shower only. 4058 is actually 8 sq feet larger than 4060 despite being in a lower category. My favorite site for individual cabin info is

http://www.deluxecruises.com/cunard_cruises/information/qe2_deck_plans_and_categories_queens_grill.htm

The cabin categories haven't been updated to the 2006 specs, but you can find out the particulars of a given cabin by number or category.

Good luck,

Julia

Nice site Julia! I just used it to book the December 15th sailing in the biggest M1 (3006) 123 Sq ft is a LOT better than the 85sq ft hell hole I had on that trip with you. Alison and I went our separate ways after the QE2 so I'm doing the QM2 trip in October single handed. Still.. I know 12 days on the QM2 will be tough but, but I'll cope somehow. :) :D

Good to see you back on the boards Navaleye! I'm booked for the Jan 2006 transatlantic on QE2. The cabin's an M3 guarantee, so you can be sure I'll be checking that webpage as soon as the assignment comes through.

Julia

Navaleye,

I just realized I've stayed in cabin 3006. It is larger than others, but it is a bit of a walk as it's all the way at the end of the hallway. The cabin does have two closets, so you have plenty of storage space. If the seas are rough, they'll put a cover over the porthole.

Julia

Archived