The Unexpected ... Issues and Responses

jewopaho

Blimey !!!!!!!!! How snippy is this thread with (some - I stress just some) people's responses.

Being picky, picking other people up on small mistakes in quite forthright, arrogant sounding ways.

Some threads have responses that sound quite harsh and unfriendly and boy . . . Is this one of them :(

Edited by delirious9876

The only problem that we had cruising from Galveston was getting a bottle of wine with dinner the first night. It seems that Texas has some very regressive rules regarding what wines and beer can be served when within Texas waters. It would not have been a problem if the server in the main dinning room had not lied to us.

We've actually sailed from Houston ... granted, not exactly Galveston, but they've managed to improve matters. Still in all, some of the prices for cruises out of Bayport are ridiculous (Princess, $249; NCL, $629 for a suite!) so a little inconvenience is certainly tolerable at those rates.

I did better than that ... e-mailed the photos to Adam Goldstein directly, received a prompt response by phone from someone in his office. To Royal's credit, they did take ownership of the issues ... reviewed the ship's log, verified the problems, and have apparently taken some sort of action to prevent such matters from reoccurring. The fact that we have five RCI/Celebrity cruises booked probably didn't hurt.

So, from what I read, your issue has been resolved. Someone from corporate guest relations contacted you and acted on your concerns. I would have preferred knowing that in your first post, when you mentioned that Guest Services also compensated you.

We had ongoing maintenance problems in our cabin on an 18-day b2b sailing in November. I ultimately spoke to the Concierge, who resolved our problem to our satisfaction. Since you mention you are fairly high up on the loyalty ladder, you had the same option -- did you speak to Ricardo?

So, from what I read, your issue has been resolved. Someone from corporate guest relations contacted you and acted on your concerns. I would have preferred knowing that in your first post, when you mentioned that Guest Services also compensated you.

Only after we returned from the cruise were we called by corporate ... and we initiated the contact. My primary objection was the time that it took to both attend to and resolve the issues aboard ship ... six days to unclog a drain and repair the balcony, for example. The lack of hot water for protracted periods throughout the trip was particularly disconcerting. We've cruised enough to know that things happen ... and Royal has always been quick to take care of matters. That's why this episode was particularly disappointing.

We had ongoing maintenance problems in our cabin on an 18-day b2b sailing in November. I ultimately spoke to the Concierge, who resolved our problem to our satisfaction. Since you mention you are fairly high up on the loyalty ladder, you had the same option -- did you speak to Ricardo?

I did indeed speak with the concierge, who contacted the same people we did on our behalf ... the results weren't any quicker. He was among those who apologized profusely.

Edited by jewopaho

We sailed Navigator 9/28/14 in a GS deck 12.

Hot water issues the first 4 days..... sometimes just tempid, most times dang COLD!

Cold showers every day! One night water pressure fell to a DRIP (during DH's shower)!!:eek:

Our Cabin Attendant knew all the problems going on, and apologized every day. It took speaking to Richardo to get something done. Day 5 we had hot water and a 20% discount on next cruise.

I understand that SHIP happens......glad it was fixed.

Have Nav booked again for Feb.....hope problems are fixed.

We sailed on the Nav three times this year. The first time was in Feb when she was quite clean and sparkly from her refurb. Sailed again two months later and I could tell the difference. My thoughts were just about how hard it must be to keep the ship in tip-top condition between the weather elements and the sheer number of passengers. When we returned in the fall, the condition seemed unchanged from our April trip. I'm assuming that is the "normal condition". We certainly never encountered the issues that the OP did. We have one more trip booked on her before the Liberty arrives. We are quite fond of the Nav!

Our experience did not change our opinion of Navigator, or even Royal Caribbean ... we have three more cruises booked on her, (in addition to two on other ships), and have no intention of canceling any of them. Once again, it was a matter of attending to the issues more promptly ... six days to unclog a drain is ridiculous. I've been assured that procedures have been put in place to minimize the possibility of a repeat incident.

What it did prompt me to do is to take a peek at the competition out of Houston ... sailed Princess many times with few issues, all very minor. The reviews of the Emerald are less than sterling, and we're not fans of NCL ... so we expect to continue cruising with RCI, and fully expect that our recent voyage was an abberation.

Al

Our experience did not change our opinion of Navigator, or even Royal Caribbean ... we have three more cruises booked on her, (in addition to two on other ships), and have no intention of canceling any of them. Once again, it was a matter of attending to the issues more promptly ... six days to unclog a drain is ridiculous. I've been assured that procedures have been put in place to minimize the possibility of a repeat incident.

What it did prompt me to do is to take a peek at the competition out of Houston ... sailed Princess many times with few issues, all very minor. The reviews of the Emerald are less than sterling, and we're not fans of NCL ... so we expect to continue cruising with RCI, and fully expect that our recent voyage was an abberation.

Al

Problem solved, all's well that ends well. :)