New to carnival line. Help!

Gators86

I've always been a royal cruiser. Gf wants to go on carnival boat. So planning on carnival victory in March. 5 day cruise to grand cayman, Jamaica, and half moon. Just curious about carnival. Drink packages, stuff on half moon like cabanas and such. Thanks!

carnival does have an alcoholic drink package. it is called cheers! it costs $49.95 per person per day plus 15% gratuity. each person over 21 in a cabin must buy it if one person does. it includes up to 15 drinks in a 24 hr period up to a $10 value. you can either purchase it the first or second day.

half moon has cabanas. they cost around $230 and are in limited quantities. they come with sodas, fruit, and chips and salsa/guac. they have showers, air conditioning and loungers.

if you go to the carnival site and look up anything in their faqs section it is usually pretty helpful.

carnival is pretty fun and they offer good bang for your buck. I always said I would never sail carnival... but look at me now! lol :p a cruise is what you make of it!

Fyi: Victory is an older ship. It's still nice but it is showing its age a bit. I don't believe it has the 2.0 upgrades either. If you are ok with that, then you will have a great time. If you want a newer ship, I would recommend the Breeze.

I agree, I don't know what RC boats you have been on but the 2.0 upgrades are very nice on the carnival ships. I am looking forward to the Breeze because I wanted the sports complex and the cloud 9 spa. Also looking forward to the food options :) yum!

I haven't been to HMC yet but I need to book a cruise that stops there!