14725 Allure or Oasis - obstructed view?

csaeroach

Just wondering if anyone who has stayed in this cabin (14725) could tell me how obstructed the view is? Would you happen to have pictures of the cabin and balcony/ view? I did not research this cabin before booking it, but looks like there could be a beam blocking the view to the Aqua Theater? Just wondering how bad it is, as I hate to ask our Travel Agent to move us to a new cabin as we would like to be at the back of the ship.

JMO but I would try and move. We were in 10719 & 10721 on the Allure 12/14 sailing, and I remember looking up at those deck 14 cabins and thinking the view would not be near as nice as ours. I did a search here and found an older post by Sunny Az Girl who was helping someone else who had the same question. She also posted some pictures that might help (Deck 14 is the very top row, your present cabin would have the white beam directly beside):

Hopefully someone who has been in one of these cabins can answer you specifically, but I did look at the Boardwalk set ups carefully while onboard the Allure from the outside as I wanted to see what would look like the best cabins for our future sailing on the Oasis. It looked to me as if the Deck 14 cabins would not have the view of those on lower decks. If you look at the picture below, the Deck 14 cabins are the ones on the top row of balconies with 14725/14325 the very last balcony. Right next to it is that big white beam which looks like it would obstruct all views to the aft significantly. Therefore we booked on Deck 11 in 11329 where there was no obstruction at all. Decks 11 & 12 also have the "Secret Balconies" for that wonderful aft view right around the corner from our cabin. If I could not have gotten one of the last 3-4 rooms on Decks 11 or 12 I would probably ave gone for an OV balcony myself, JMHO.

IMG_1020-L.jpg

here is a closer look at 14325 (upper right hand corner). You may be able see the ocean if you look down under the beam, but you would not get a straight on view. Contrast that to the lower cabins.

Boardwalk%20Balcony%20View-L.jpg

JMO again, I guess you could look down through the balcony to see, but ugh. Contrast that to our view from 10719 (further aft is even better, but we wanted two cabins and that was as close as we could get when booking):

2j5bbjt.jpg

2n9erdl.jpg

Edited by SeaHunt

Thank you for your reply to my post. I was able to get our travel agent to move us to a lower deck (10707). It was the last cabin available in our category unless going to a lower deck. Hopefully we will have an okay view of the aqua theater and ocean from this cabin.

thanks for your help!