Inquiring about cabanas onboard

nednrom

Going to try the mad dash to get one on the Oasis.

I emailed my TA (who works for Royal) and said can you get me one. He said, you have to RSVP them onboard, just head straight to the desk, without a pit stop for a roast beef sandwhich.

I've never had one, but two couples so four people makes the cost much easier.

Does anyone know if they still provide you with a bottle of champagne?

I emailed my TA (who works for Royal) and said can you get me one. He said, you have to RSVP them onboard, just head straight to the desk, without a pit stop for a roast beef sandwhich.

No champagne for our Labadee cabana two weeks ago.

How did you make the RSVP? Online or Day 1 once you were onboard?

We booked ours online through the excursions section. It did not include a bottle of Champagne (and to my knowledge never has) but did include evian water and use of the floats for swimming.

I booked a cabana on Coco Cay during my December 19th sailing on the Grandeur. The cabana came with 4 bottles of water, one bottle of champagne and a fruit plate. Plus two floating mats and two sets of snorkeling equipment...plus the upgraded lunch buffet.

It was awesome!

I booked a cabana on Coco Cay during my December 19th sailing on the Grandeur. The cabana came with 4 bottles of water, one bottle of champagne and a fruit plate. Plus two floating mats and two sets of snorkeling equipment...plus the upgraded lunch buffet.

It was awesome!

That's what we expected at Labadee, but no champagne or fruit plate at Labadee.

It was awesome!

Our labadee cabana did not have the champagne, fruit plate nor snorkeling equipment. But nor was it advertised as having these. We did have access to the upgraded buffet but I believe that perk is no longer included.

Our labadee cabana did not have the champagne, fruit plate nor snorkeling equipment. But nor was it advertised as having these. We did have access to the upgraded buffet but I believe that perk is no longer included.

We had access to the upgraded buffet in the Barefoot Beach cabana, but I understand the Nellie's Beach cabanas no longer have access to the upgraded buffet.

I would think for the money they charge you should get water, soda, and some type of snack as well as floating mats and snorkel equipment .

On Half Moon Cay we got soda, water, fruit and chips with salsa. Also, 4 floating mats ,4 snorkel sets and 4 loungers.

I would think for the money they charge you should get water, soda, and some type of snack as well as floating mats and snorkel equipment .

On Half Moon Cay we got soda, water, fruit and chips with salsa. Also, 4 floating mats ,4 snorkel sets and 4 loungers.

We did get 4 1L bottles of Evian in our cabana at Labadee.

we would like to see if a cabana is available on Nellies beach when we board. Should we go to the excursion desk or guest services to inquire?

Have a great cruise. I hope you will come back and let us know how that goes for you.

No champagne at the Labadee cabanas. We have used them since their inception, and have never seen it. Nice that Coco Cay has it! :)

We had access to the upgraded buffet in the Barefoot Beach cabana, but I understand the Nellie's Beach cabanas no longer have access to the upgraded buffet.

Unless you have a gold card. Our tram was busy taking gold card holders from Nellie's Beach over to BB for lunch. :) Our Concierge gave us BB wristbands.

Edited by travelgoddess1

Question about cabanas on Labadee...

We are pondering trying to split a cabana with another couple, maybe someone from our roll call, to help defray the cost.

What is the size of the cabana? Is it just one big bed, loungers, etc? Not sure we want to share with strangers if its just one big bed type thing.

Not looking for exact specs, just some basic comparisons/references and personal thoughts.

And, if we are "just" in a JS, will we have the enhanced buffet or just the "normal" buffet? We won't have a concierge to get us wristbands.... :(

Sounds like we'll be making a mad dash to the excursion desk when we get on Indy.

We are pondering trying to split a cabana with another couple, maybe someone from our roll call, to help defray the cost.

What is the size of the cabana? Is it just one big bed, loungers, etc? Not sure we want to share with strangers if its just one big bed type thing.

Not looking for exact specs, just some basic comparisons/references and personal thoughts.

And, if we are "just" in a JS, will we have the enhanced buffet or just the "normal" buffet? We won't have a concierge to get us wristbands.... :(

Sounds like we'll be making a mad dash to the excursion desk when we get on Indy.

A JS by itself does not have access to the enhanced buffet. You must have a gold SeaPass card, which is given to guests in Grand Suites and better, and Pinnacle C&A members.

The cabanas are for a max of 6 people. There are two loungers outside the covered area of the cabana and a large couch inside that would easily hold two more people.

Here are some pics of an over the water cabana on Nellies. There is a sheltered, covered part, and an open exposed part. The covered part has bench seating. The exposed part has loungers.

DSC_0151_zpsd83a65a1.jpg

DSCF9591_zps0d044425.jpg

we would like to see if a cabana is available on Nellies beach when we board. Should we go to the excursion desk or guest services to inquire?

I believe Nellie's Beach can be booked in advance as a shore excursion. Barefoot Beach however is usually available only onboard - first to suite passengers and secondly to Pinnacle & Diamond +. After being offered to those groups there aren't usually any cabanas remaining.

Cabana availability has everything to do with the size of the ship visiting Labadee. Obviously, you have a much better chance of landing a cabana from a smaller ship than the Oasis / Allure simply based on the number of passengers onboard.

Thanks for all the great info and the pics! This is why these boards are so amazing, not because of the theoretical discussions about dress codes and dynamic dining..... :D :eek:

Our pre-cruise planner lists Beach Cabana at Nellie's Beach and Beach Cabana: Over the Water at Nellie's Beach as "Online reservations are not available. Please check onboard."

I'll wear my running shoes to get to the excursions desk. Will even forgo the beef on weck.

Sigh.....Only like 9 months to go. Just gotta get that big price break on the GS to solve all my problems. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know when the shore excursion desk opens? We are staying at a really nice hotel the night before and I'd love a cabana but I'm not sure it's worth the stress of rushing out of our hotel to line up at 10 am to be the first on the ship. The earliest I've arrived is 11 and that was when I was staying at the Embassy Suites.

Does anyone know when the shore excursion desk opens? We are staying at a really nice hotel the night before and I'd love a cabana but I'm not sure it's worth the stress of rushing out of our hotel to line up at 10 am to be the first on the ship. The earliest I've arrived is 11 and that was when I was staying at the Embassy Suites.

The Shore Excursion desk should be open when passengers begin to board. Just decide which is more important to you, and you'll be fine. :)