MARIGOT: How close is Serafina's to open market?

I would like to take a tour with Bernard's in February, but it looks like he only stops at the open market in Marigot. I really, really want to go to Serafina's, but is it within close walking distance to the market? Would I miss a lot in Marigot by only going to the open market? We would only be there for 30 to 60 minutes depending on if I took Tour #1 or Tour #2.

Sarafinas is literally steps away from the open market. Here is a link to a map that will show you the locations of both:

http://www.marigotwaterfront.com

You will likely park in the parking lot noted on the map and just head to the left along the main road, two blocks at most.

We are big fans of Sarafinas; in fact, next month we will be heading there on our cruise stop in St. Martin with our best friend, an accomplished pastry chef in his own right. Bon Appetit!

Take your own Marigot tour by catching the white vans on the Upper Phillipsburg street. They have a card in front window saying Marigot. Used to be $2 each way. Flag em down. They even stop at airport beach or anywhere on route.Nice shopping, dining, markets and beach at M.

You will decide with your tour driver how long you need at the market area. We picked up a piece of bakery just across the street and still had time to browse the craft booths for a bit. Our group was anxious for beach time, so I think we only stopped for 30 min. or so. We enjoyed Bernard's Tour.

Since our first visit, we now use cabs when on the island. Not the $2 vans meant for locals.

Too if you have any leftover euros from European trips, bring them along to use on the "French side".

Edited by eandj

I would like to take a tour with Bernard's in February, but it looks like he only stops at the open market in Marigot. I really, really want to go to Serafina's, but is it within close walking distance to the market? Would I miss a lot in Marigot by only going to the open market? We would only be there for 30 to 60 minutes depending on if I took Tour #1 or Tour #2.

Thank you all so much. As always, "Cruisers" are the best source of info. I will think of everyone & smile fondly as I'm eating my pastry.

• 2 weeks later...

You will never be able to do the open market and Serfina's in the time allotted on the tours you mention. The line up in Serafina's is crazy most times and well worth the wait.......Lots and lots of stalls to browse through in the open market also.

We plan on taking the public bus when we go in April as we have been 2 or 3 times but never have enough time on excursions to see what we want to see.

You will never be able to do the open market and Serfina's in the time allotted on the tours you mention. The line up in Serafina's is crazy most times and well worth the wait.......Lots and lots of stalls to browse through in the open market also.

We plan on taking the public bus when we go in April as we have been 2 or 3 times but never have enough time on excursions to see what we want to see.

We went to Serafina's on Bernard's tour and had plenty of time...I guess it just depends on how much time you spend in the Open Market....

We went to Serafina's on Bernard's tour and had plenty of time...I guess it just depends on how much time you spend in the Open Market....

We are the only ship in port on Easter Monday so that should help with the tourist crowds at Serfina's but would this day be a holiday for the locals and therefore a crowd because of that? We are opting for the Bernard's tour where you spend an hour at Marigot and there is no beach time on the tour- are there other stores/sidewalk cafe's close to the open air market? I would opt for the local bus if we did not have a ship departure time that day. Being on our own and trying to time to get back in time with what I hear of the traffic would make me to nervous to enjoy the day.