Tampa Transportation Costs

CDNJehn

I have to get 2 people from a Tampa airport area hotel to port, and then from the port to the airport. Am I looking at $25 cab for each trip?

Debating between a hotel 'cruise package' (airport to hotel, hotel to port, port to airport) @ $169+tax or a Hotwire 3.5* hotel for $68+tax.

Our flight doesn't arrive until 7:50pm, so I'm not concerned about the area or hotel itself. So long as it's clean and has a bed. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by CDNJehn

The flat rate fare from the airport to port or port to airport is $25+tip; be careful with the hotel area on Hotwire - the area near the stadium is not so nice, unless you want to make a tour of several area strip clubs. :o

Depending on the location of the hotel, you could also take the HART Route 30 to Franklin St. and Whiting St. and transfer to the TECO Line Streetcar. The Route 30 operates every 30 minutes and an all-day pass ($4.00) is valid on the Streetcar. The Streetcar drops off at the Port.

The flat rate fare from the airport to port or port to airport is $25+tip; be careful with the hotel area on Hotwire - the area near the stadium is not so nice, unless you want to make a tour of several area strip clubs. :o

Well I'm traveling with my Mom, sooooooo I'm thinking strip club hopping is probably not in our future. But thanks for the warning. :)

And thanks for the confirmation of costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sometimes it's just easier paying the few extra bucks to book a cruise pkg hotel. We have used the Holiday Inn Express Rocky Point on two occasions.

They offer a complimentary airport shuttle, room , hot breakfast and a shuttle to the port and then from the port back to the airport.

The hotel was clean, the staff professional and the location overlooking the Bay was also a nice perk.

The hotel is located near the airport on Rocky Point Island. It is about a 15 min shuttle ride to the port.

The Hampton Rocky Point and Chase Suites Rocky Point are also two other good options for cruise pkg hotels.

Another option would be to book a decent budget hotel such as the LaQuinta Tampa airport and then use their pay per person shuttle to the port. I'm not positive if they offer a return shuttle so you many want to factor that in when doing your calculations.

*** If you do use Hot Wire or some other booking site, try to steer away from the Tampa Stadium locations or the Tampa Fairgrounds locations. Just my personal opinion, but these area are kind of sketchy.

Good luck.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr