Boat Rental

eeniemeenie

We rented a "Boston Whaler" type boat last year while on Bermuda. Rental place is at the Grotto Bay Beach Resort - can't recall the name of the concession right off the top of my head. We found them by Googling. We found them to be professional and helpful, and of course very cheerful - just like everyone else on Bermuda!

Years before, we rented a similar boat on the other side of the island, and had an equally pleasant experience. So long ago that I've long since forgotten their name as well.

That was a great question.I am trying to put together a longer excursion that includes snorkling and swimming with some sun bathing as well.I can't find any tours longer then 4 hours and that seems too rushed for me as half the time is spent getting to and returning.

Hi there!

Just 2 weeks ago I was successful in talking my husband out of renting a moped and compromised with letting him rent a motor boat. We also rented a "Boston Whaler" from the boat rental within the Grotto Bay Beach Resort. It is very close to the dock in St. George, a 5 minutes bus ride with a stop right at the resort and then a brief walk to the water where the consessions are found. I reserved the boat a week before our cruise left and they had plenty available. Rented for a variety of times, we chose the 2 hour, but they had much longer options too. Very reasonable for the four of us, $5 for each gallon of gas, and $75 for two hours. The boat came with optional shade which was nice, easy to use (good directions were provided) and a great way to see either Castle Harbour or the area where the Cruise ships were docked in St. George. You could also go to some beaches, anchor the boat and swim. I felt very safe which is important and loved the independence of doing our own shore excursion.

You can find their phone number online or I used the Frommer's Bermuda guide.

Hope this helps, we did 3 and half days in Bermuda and all on our own and experienced quite a bit including tons of snorkeling.

If interested I have some pictures of the boating and snorkeling we did: http://photos.yahoo.com/cagrules click on the Bermuda Cruise album and there are a lot of pictures, the boating and snorkeling are mostly in the middle.

Enjoy!

Archived