MSC Divina Boarding, Muster, Amenities...

73mg

Will be boarding MSC Divina on Jan 24th and have a few questions.

My cruise documents state Boarding at 4 PM but it seems that folks have been able to board earlier. What time can I realistically expect boarding to begin?

What time do they typically schedule the muster drill?

What bathroom amenities can I expect? Shampoo? Conditioner? Hand Lotion? Hair Dryer?

What time are shows for folks with late (8:45 pm) dining?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Suzanne

Hi 73mg,

Boarding probably usually begins around noon, though the cabins might not be available (fully cleaned) until 2pm or even 2:30.

Muster is around 5pm.

There is shampoo on the wall, but no conditioner. I'm not sure on the lotion, but there is a hair dryer. NOT in the bathroom, but inside of a desk drawer ...

And, the shows for you will start around 6:45pm.

Hi 73mg,

Boarding probably usually begins around noon, though the cabins might not be available (fully cleaned) until 2pm or even 2:30.

Muster is around 5pm.

There is shampoo on the wall, but no conditioner. I'm not sure on the lotion, but there is a hair dryer. NOT in the bathroom, but inside of a desk drawer ...

And, the shows for you will start around 6:45pm.

THANKS!

Suzanne

You're welcome ;)

As far as lotion or any other things that you may forget to pack, there is a CVS very close to the pier in San Juan. You come off the ship + walk up to the first street, go left for less than 1 block, cross the street, and there it is.

It sounds a little crazy, but I go there every time a ship I'm on stops in San Juan. And it's always PACKED--mostly w/ other cruisers (!)

That is probably their highest-grossing store, due mainly to all of the cruise ships that call there.

You'll love the Divina! :)

There was no lotion in the room. As the previous poster mentioned, there was shower and soap (the soap was the blue one but they are not labeled) in the shower. I would recommend bringing some conditioner only because the shampoo is a little rough on your hair.

We were told the cabin would be ready at 3pm, but they made an announcement that they were ready at 2:45.

We got in line to board at 12:30, and were on-board by 1:00pm. It was a very easy process. :)

You'll love the Divina! :)

There was no lotion in the room. As the previous poster mentioned, there was shower and soap (the soap was the blue one but they are not labeled) in the shower. I would recommend bringing some conditioner only because the shampoo is a little rough on your hair.

We were told the cabin would be ready at 3pm, but they made an announcement that they were ready at 2:45.

We got in line to board at 12:30, and were on-board by 1:00pm. It was a very easy process. :)

Thank you! Will be packing conditioner and hand lotion. Happy to see recent favorable reviews.

Boarding starts 12 noon- 1215. The first show is at 7pm for late seating guest.

Wonder why the boarding time is 4 PM on my cruise ticket. Maybe that is the all aboard time. So glad I asked on this forum as we were originally planning to arrive about 3 pm. Would much rather board earlier and enjoy the ship. Thanks for responding. Suzanne

Wonder why the boarding time is 4 PM on my cruise ticket. Maybe that is the all aboard time. So glad I asked on this forum as we were originally planning to arrive about 3 pm. Would much rather board earlier and enjoy the ship. Thanks for responding. Suzanne

Your welcome, we have on the Divina 4 times and we usually arrive about 10-1015 and they open the doors at 1030 for check in. Make sure you get a boarding # so you will be among the first on the ship. Enjoy your cruise and don't miss the shows as they are the best at sea.

MSC always state boarding time as 3 hours before sailing time. No idea why but they have been doing this all the time I've sailed with them (9 years). They invariably start boarding a few hours before then.

Last all aboard time will be 6pm, but if those with MSC flights are held up, they will get to board later than that even if they have to delay the sailing time.

Could be not to panic those flying in from Europe arriving on early afternoon flights.

As for amenities in the cabin, particularly toiletries what has been said here is only true if you are booked on the Bella or Fantastica experiences. Those on Aurea or yacht Club get more than that.

Edited by AmoMondo