Singapore Cruise Terminal - Harbourfront

holidaydude

Departing from Singapore.

Is there any shops selling wine and spirits before boarding the cruise ship?

Also sodas to buy too.

An indication on prices if there is would also be helpful.

Any comments much appreciated.

Harbour Front Cruise Center itself is a shopping complex.

there is a Cold Storage super market on the ground floor where

you should be able to get wine and soda.

Harbour Cruise Center is also connected to Vivo city, a big shopping complex

good for food and shopping.

Harbour Front Cruise Center itself is a shopping complex.

there is a Cold Storage super market on the ground floor where

you should be able to get wine and soda.

Harbour Cruise Center is also connected to Vivo city, a big shopping complex

good for food and shopping.

I could never tell if I was in Harbour front or Vivo, but I believe I never got across to Vivo city, which is apparently the largest shopping mall in Singapore. But I will make sure I do this time! ;)

We did find a little convienice store that sold Tiger Beer and pre mixed drinks, which was all we wanted at the time. If you google Vivo City you will find a great map of the shopping centre and how to get back to where your ship boards ( though it is well sign posted inside)

Spirits and wines are quite expensive to buy in Singapore, even in a supermarket. You might be better if you got your alcohol duty free. But that's up to you. I enjoy having a look what's on offer, the different foods for sale and where they get their fresh produce from (we're farmers).

Hope you have an enjoyable cruise:D

Happy New Year

Edited by wangeling gal

Unless you can buy duty free alcohol in Singapore (ie the Airport) alcohol is very expensive due the the tax imposed by the Government.

Indeed it is one of the most expensive places to purchase wine and spirits

Will cost just about the same as the ships prices so be aware of this.

If you google Cold Storage Singapore and look for liquor it will give you some idea of what the pricing is like.

If you are coming from Malaysia to Singapore, they tax your liquor unbelievably. I believe you can buy duty free liquor and bring it to Singapore tax free as long as it fits into their limited amounts and it was not purchased in Malaysia. Check their duty free site to confirm.

About six years ago, we worked a deal with a guy in a 7-11 for canned coke for $1.50 per can. I think it was supposed to be $2.00 per can, but because we bought a case, he gave us a deal. After we boarded the ship, we realized the joke was on us, as the pop was cheaper there.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

About six years ago, we worked a deal with a guy in a 7-11 for canned coke for $1.50 per can. I think it was supposed to be $2.00 per can, but because we bought a case, he gave us a deal. After we boarded the ship, we realized the joke was on us, as the pop was cheaper there.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

In Singapore, 7-11 and Cheers are 24 Hr shops, and they mark up all items by 50% to 100%. If you want to get cheaper Soda, go to supermarkets like Cold Storage, NTUC Fairprice, Seng Siong, Giant.

You can find Giant at Sun Tec city mall, Cold Storage at Orchard Ion mail. NTUC at Singapore Plaza Mall.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I could never tell if I was in Harbour front or Vivo, but I believe I never got across to Vivo city, which is apparently the largest shopping mall in Singapore. But I will make sure I do this time! ;)

We did find a little convienice store that sold Tiger Beer and pre mixed drinks, which was all we wanted at the time. If you google Vivo City you will find a great map of the shopping centre and how to get back to where your ship boards ( though it is well sign posted inside)

Spirits and wines are quite expensive to buy in Singapore, even in a supermarket. You might be better if you got your alcohol duty free. But that's up to you. I enjoy having a look what's on offer, the different foods for sale and where they get their fresh produce from (we're farmers).

Hope you have an enjoyable cruise:D

Happy New Year

couple of years ago we have been in SInpapur terminal, but the shoppingcenter was closed. So this time we have plenty time to have a look if its open, and after going round to Marina bay. Sinpapur is not cheap for shopping, I have noticed this before.

• 2 weeks later...