? about Pullman

hotpinkchica14

We are heading out on a cruise soon with a family of 4 and we have never taken the whole family so I'm not sure how it works. I believe the bed that comes out of the ceiling is called a Pullman (could be wrong). My question is about whether or not it stays down for the whole cruise. Do they keep it down? Does it get in the way if it is down? Or do they put it back up in the morning and then back down in the evening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We are heading out on a cruise soon with a family of 4 and we have never taken the whole family so I'm not sure how it works. I believe the bed that comes out of the ceiling is called a Pullman (could be wrong). My question is about whether or not it stays down for the whole cruise. Do they keep it down? Does it get in the way if it is down? Or do they put it back up in the morning and then back down in the evening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your Cabin Steward will leave the bed down or put it up, whatever you request.

We have most often just had them leave it down...daughter found it convenient when she wanted an afternoon siesta lol.

.................... I don't know where they are on the inside or OV cabins.

Depends on the ship and cabin. The uppers can be attached to the wall so it sticks out about 6 inches or it can be folded into the ceiling.

Depending on the cabin configuration sometimes it is best to have the lowers apart, especially in insides and OVs on the Fantasy class ships.

I honestly don't remember if we left it down or had him put it up! Think of it more like a bunk bed, loft bed type of set up. You can still use the couch underneath without any issue if you need it to sit on. Depending on the room arrangement, we have had one over our head in an interior room, and then over the couch in a balcony.

I think we had him put it up so it felt more open during the day, and then at night it would be down when we got back from dinner.

Funny, 14 days with 2 kids in a 100+ sq ft box and I don't really remember how we did it :)

the breeze - the upper bed will be in the ceiling above the sofa

Unless you have an inside cabin.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/hePd9T--7f0/maxresdefault.jpg

we left it down for naps

sofa can be made INTO the sofa for day time

http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp73479%3Enu%3D3367%3E5%3B8%3E43%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3944%3C8%3A94%3B337nu0mrj

remember the two drawers under the sofa too for storage

Edited by serene56