Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore--Shuttle to Port/Reviews?

bluegirlum

I am a Senior Contributor for Trip Advisor. I copied my review for you to read below. This is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. I forgot to put in my review that the mattresses were the Temperpedic ones. HEAVEN. LOVED this hotel.

Here is my review:

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What an absolutely amazing staff at this hotel. Hubby and I only stayed one night prior to a cruise out of Tampa. After exiting the airport, there is a parking lot where all of the shuttle buses pull in and out. We did not even have to call the hotel for them to pick us up. The parking lot attendant told us he would be pulling in automatically every few minutes. The hotel is only a couple of minutes away from the airport and our driver was extremely friendly.

Our flight was a 7:00 pm landing and my hope of meeting the famous "Rosie" so late was a wonderful surprise. She did not disappoint. What an amazing woman. She checked us in quickly and efficiently. .After she checked us in, she gave us bottles of water, and coupons for a free breakfast for the following morning. When we told her we would be cruising the next morning, she asked if we would like her to call and make arrangements for a cab to take us to the cruise port. This was so very sweet of her and one less thing I had to do. Above and beyond is ROSIE.

Our hotel room was beautifully decorated and very comfy. After dropping off our luggage, we decided to go have a cocktail at their bar on the first floor. After a couple of drinks, we decided to get a couple of appetizers. My husband had the calamari and I had the chicken quesadillas. Both were excellent.

The following morning, after a heavenly nights sleep, we showered and went downstairs to Coast for breakfast. We were expecting a limited variety, but they had EVERYTHING. Fresh pastries, bagels, eggs, omelets, breakfast meats, fresh fruit, etc..etc. It was wonderful. There is even a 24/7 coffee and tea bar with cookies at the entrance of the hotel. Such a nice touch.

For anyone traveling to Tampa and requires a hotel.....this one does not disappoint!!!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
    • x.gif Value

• x.gif Rooms
    • x.gif Service

I ALSO WANTED TO ADD: This hotel has a cruise package (which costs extra) . Breakfast and shuttle to the cruise port is included. The only reason we did not purchase this, is because we wanted to taxi at our convenience and wanted to stop along the way for our bottles of wine.

Edited by susie8862
xxxxddd

• 3 weeks later...

looking into this hotel.

Can you answer a few questions.

What kind of price did you pay? book directly?

Just curious how the rates worked out, not getting the cruise package and having to pay for a taxi to the port? We hate doing the "cattle call" shuttle buses to ports. Much prefer a taxi and lots of times it comes out cheaper in the end.

How much was your taxi and where did you stop along the way? how much extra did this cost??

Thanks for your help