I found a new website called cooldealz.com

momofmeg

I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering where you were!!!!!!

Esther

Yes I still lurk here I just do not come so much so I won't step on any toes. I use the internet as a time killer. I do not work outside the home and often don't feel so good so I get on the computer. I just figured I would quit coming so much here.

I am looking for my daughter a bolero jacket in off white and studded with faux pearls. I bought her a great evening gown at Dilliards a few weeks ago. A $170 gown for less then $30. Even though we have to have it altered Meg being so tiny- I figured it was worth it for the material alone. I could not have bought the material that cheap.

One person at cooldealz said I could use the search engine at cooldealz and bring up bolero jackets but I have not figured out where that is there. I asked them to tell me how so I will check back and see if they answered me on that.

Wow, that's a deal! What kind of fabric are you looking for in the jacket? Would a dressy sweater work?

Esther

The gown is satin so I would love a satin though possibly that would not work unless they were exactly the same off white. A silk georgette might would work but that would be too thin I think to be studded with faux pearls.

Meg has a black velvet bolero jacket so I guess that would work but I would prefer a summery fabric. If nothing else I have seen some nice wraps in a silk georgette so I may buy her one of them.

Did you check out Dillards where they have accessories? For some reason, I think I remember seeing some bolero jackets--possibly sequined. they were where the slippers and hats, etc., are.

Esther

Yes and I remembered seeing some in silk georgette in off white back in the spring but they were gone only the dark fall colors.

I was thinking a site that sells bridal wear might have something. I have already checked Chadwicks,JC Penney and Victoria's Secret. Can you think of any others?

Yes, David's Bridal. I guess you just type in Davids Bridal and see what comes up. If Meg's small, waht about Petite Sophisticates, if they're still in business. Also Bedford Fair or Damons and Drapers, or something like that. Good luck.

Esther

If Meg's small, waht about Petite Sophisticates, if they're still in business. Esther

Petite Sophisticates is DEFINATELY still in business!!!!!!! I LOVE that place and get LOTS of stuff there!!!!!! You can access it directly or through Casual Corner website!!!

I treid typing in cooldealz.com and there is no such thing. Am I spelling it wrong? I tried it 3 times, perhaps you cold post the link? Just go to the home page, right click on the address bar, select cop, come back here and post a response, the right click again in the message box and select paste.

I do apologize if you already know how to do this, I'm not assuming you do or don't know.

I treid typing in cooldealz.com and there is no such thing. Am I spelling it wrong? I tried it 3 times, perhaps you cold post the link? Just go to the home page, right click on the address bar, select cop, come back here and post a response, the right click again in the message box and select paste.

I do apologize if you already know how to do this, I'm not assuming you do or don't know.

Another brain fart I guess. It is crazycooldealz.com Sorry

Yes we have a Petite Sophisticates in our local mall. Meg does not like that store calls it an "old lady" store but I could go and look in there and not tell her I guess.

Esther I went to David's Bridal website. They had bolero jackets but not in off white or ivory. Maybe I just just see if I could find some material and have one made. I have to get the dress altered anyway.

Yes, David's Bridal. I guess you just type in Davids Bridal and see what comes up. If Meg's small, waht about Petite Sophisticates, if they're still in business. Also Bedford Fair or Damons and Drapers, or something like that. Good luck.

Esther

I could not find Damons. That came up a restuarant. I checked all of them though. Bedford Fair did have a white boler jacket but it was more like you would wear with a linen sundress. It would not work with a spaghetti strapped satin off white evening gown.

I will check out Petite sophisticates though before I go to Hancocks to buy material and a pattern.

That makes sense. I thought it was 2 places Drapers and then Damons. Well I went there so thanks.

I went in Macy's this morning. I had seen a pair of Aigner natural straw wedge sandals in there the other day and I did not buy them. So I went back to get them as I kept thinking about them and wished I had bought them. They were marked down more and I got them for $15 orginally $60. The other day they were $30 so I guess I did good not to buy them then but there was only 1 pair left in my size so I did good to buy them today.

Anyway I bought Meg a cute sweather cardigan that was a lavendar knit 85% silk and 15% nylon for $12 orginally $89. It had faux pearls and sequeins on it. I was thinking about it for a spaghetti strapped purple taffeta coctail dress she has but after I got home I took it and put it next to the off-white gown. I think it may work. I will still look for a bolero jacket but if I don't find her one this will work and Esther I have you to thank. I never thought of putting a cardigan with that gown. Thanks alot.

I also bought myself 2 pairs of the shorter capris that are just slightly longer then bermuda shorts. I needed to get myself some more day wear stuff for the cruise in Oct. as everything I have now is too big. I am set now. Just counting off the weeks.

MOM Good shoe buy! I just got a catalog from Newport News and they had some boleros. Try newport-news.com and see what you find.

Where and when are you going? I guess I wasn't aware you had a cruise coming up so soon. Fill us in!

I'm suffering from sciataca (sp) and just came back from acupuncture. It's a good excuse to sit around and do nothing! We leave here in a couple of weeks to drive to NYS to see our son and family and then on to a Celebrity cruise to New England and Canada. I sure hope this ole back feels better by then.

Esther

Archived