Suggestions for Cozumel and Costa Maya with kids?

Tamaracklady

Thanks for the pictures Sunshine that helped a lot. So it's like a pool or something that you are in correct? Because that didn't look like the ocean area where we have done the dolphin and manatee swims at. :D

It looks like an awesome time there!!! Now I'll have to make up my mind to do either this or the Turtle Cove and Cavern Snorkel in Playa del Carmen. Decisions....:p

Mitsugirly, getting to "know" Sakari through your reviews, if you have the chance to do the sea lion activity, I think she would love it. It isn't as adventurous as jumping off of a two story diving platform or ziplining, but she seems to truly have a love of animals and it isn't something offered everywhere.

It isn't a crowded excursion, the main draw of Chankanaab is the dolphin swim after all, so you have a lot of interaction time with the sea lions. We met three total. A baby, the mom and the alpha male.

Oh!! And the pictures.. At first they wanted $30 for each picture or they'd sell you a disc, the "single pax" rate was $80, and for two passengers it was over $100.. We walked away and the woman brought us back offering us the disc of all of the pictures for $80, we took it, but we both thought if we walked away again we could have gotten it for even lower.

Edited by SunshineCruiser24

One more thing!! Sorry!!!

I looked at doing the turtle cove snorkel on the mainland and my major deterrent was there was apparently a lot of stairs and walking to get to the cavern.

I ended up doing the cenotes at Chaac Tun instead and fell down the stairs in one of the caves, so........... stairs are apparently not my friend. :-)

Mitsugirly, getting to "know" Sakari through your reviews, if you have the chance to do the sea lion activity, I think she would love it. It isn't as adventurous as jumping off of a two story diving platform or ziplining, but she seems to truly have a love of animals and it isn't something offered everywhere.

It isn't a crowded excursion, the main draw of Chankanaab is the dolphin swim after all, so you have a lot of interaction time with the sea lions. We met three total. A baby, the mom and the alpha male.

There's no doubt in my mind that she would love the sea lions and the interaction. The 2 times we have been to Chankanaab, we didn't even go to the sea lion show. :o So I know she would love it. But this other excursion is really sounding good to me as well and it sounds more like our type of adventure. :D I'm really gonna have to weigh my options.

Oh!! And the pictures.. At first they wanted $30 for each picture or they'd sell you a disc, the "single pax" rate was $80, and for two passengers it was over $100.. We walked away and the woman brought us back offering us the disc of all of the pictures for $80, we took it, but we both thought if we walked away again we could have gotten it for even lower.

So it sounds pretty much like they do with the dolphin swim. How many pictures did you end up on the CD with? I know the time we did the swim, there were around 80-90 pictures for us and they wanted $130 and I told the no way...and they let me walk away and didn't say anything. BUT back then you could take your own pictures with your camera, so I still got pictures. :p