Sunshine Questions: spa/outside decks/embarkation

primadonut

I'm on the Sunshine in a week and a half and have a few questions for anyone who has sailed on her :-)

I have seen a bunch of different prices for the thermal suite, is it $99 for the week or $149 for the week, or $20 or $40 per day? Has anyone just bought a day pass? If you are having a spa treatment, such as a pedicure, are you entitled to use of the thermal suite on the day of your procedure?

Are there any lower decks that have outdoor areas, preferably with loungers and less crowds?

We have a special needs son which we have advised Carnival about. The customer service rep said to ignore the time stated on our cruise paperwork (12:30-2:30) and to go to the port between 10-11AM as this is when it will be the least crowded. Has anyone arrived at Port Canaveral in this time frame and experienced a large crowd? If we go earlier will we be turned away?

Merci fellow cruise critics :-)

[quote name='primadonut']I'm on the Sunshine in a week and a half and have a few questions for anyone who has sailed on her :-)

I have seen a bunch of different prices for the thermal suite, is it $99 for the week or $149 for the week, or $20 or $40 per day? Has anyone just bought a day pass? If you are having a spa treatment, such as a pedicure, are you entitled to use of the thermal suite on the day of your procedure?

Are there any lower decks that have outdoor areas, preferably with loungers and less crowds?

We have a special needs son which we have advised Carnival about. The customer service rep said to ignore the time stated on our cruise paperwork (12:30-2:30) and to go to the port between 10-11AM as this is when it will be the least crowded. Has anyone arrived at Port Canaveral in this time frame and experienced a large crowd? If we go earlier will we be turned away?

Merci fellow cruise critics :-)[/QUOTE]

Hi,
I can answer 2 of your questions. On the Spa Day pass I have bought one several times and it is totally worth it. I loved having access to the special hot tubs etc... For the lower decks with less crowds, on the Sunshine outside the Atrium Lobby on Deck 3 there is plenty of seating area out there with less crowds. However, if you want sun you would need to be up higher as there is lifeboats proving shade. Edited by cruiser fanatic

Thanks so much Cruiser Fanatic, do you remember if the day pass was $20 or $40 on the Sunshine? Was it the Sunshine that you had the day passes on? We were in a spa inside cabin on the Breeze and I was in the spa multiple times a day every day....loved the thermal suite, didn't love the Tpool so that isn't a huge loss for me :-) Is deck 3 windy as well as shady or just shady?

[quote name='primadonut']Thanks so much Cruiser Fanatic, do you remember if the day pass was $20 or $40 on the Sunshine? Was it the Sunshine that you had the day passes on? We were in a spa inside cabin on the Breeze and I was in the spa multiple times a day every day....loved the thermal suite, didn't love the Tpool so that isn't a huge loss for me :-) Is deck 3 windy as well as shady or just shady?[/QUOTE]

I can't remember the price :( but it was on the Sunshine. Deck 3 can be windy at some times but nothing too bad.

[quote name='cruiser fanatic']. For the lower decks with less crowds, on the Sunshine outside the Atrium Lobby on Deck 3 there is plenty of seating area out there with less crowds. However, if you want sun you would need to be up higher as there is lifeboats proving shade.[/quote]

I have only sailed one time when there were chairs located on this deck- never seen them since

For the spa, I would check to see how many rooms are included in the thermal suite. The Breeze has 4 rooms, and I agree that those are nice. The Sunshine doesn't quite make it clear how many there are (and I haven't looked it up). On the Dream class ships, the price has been $40/day or $149/week single. I don't know if Sunshine discounts it, due to there being no T-pool. I guess I'm not much help there.

I've sailed Port Canaveral 3 times on the Dream, and I always showed up by 11:00. Disregard any message telling you to arrive later, every time. People have been reporting massive lines to get on board ships around 1:00-2:00, because so many people are obeying that message. Last time in January, they started boarding the Dream before 11:00. 10:30 is a good time to show up.