Best Way to Tour Berlin?

We are docking in Waudemunde and renting a car to get to Berlin.

Once in Berlin, what is our best way to get around and see the tourist attractions? The hop-on hop-off bus? Or something different? If the bus, does anyone know the website link for it and where we should go to park and access it?

Any info appreciated, thanks!

Ginny

Once in Berlin, what is our best way to get around and see the tourist attractions? The hop-on hop-off bus? Or something different? If the bus, does anyone know the website link for it and where we should go to park and access it?

Ginny

We did this in late May from the Constellation, with another couple. The trip was quite easy. I parked in a lot near the Berlin Zoo, also close to the TI office and a block from the Kufurstendamm stop of several of the hop on hop off circle bus tour companies. You can buy a HOHO ticket from the TI or from the bus. They all hit the major sights and the loop takes about 2 1/2 hours. Practically speaking, with the available time you are only going to make one loop stopping at the places that interest you.

We were parked in Berlin about 10:30 and left around 5 PM. Although we used the HOHO (I had specific sights that I wanted to see), pre-arranging a guided tour with a guide company seems a reasonable, if more expensive, option as well.

We love trains but wanted the experience of driving into Berlin via the autobahn. I found it less stressful than the (similar length) drive into Atlanta from our home in Georgia.

Ginny

The bus is called City-Circle Sightseeing, they are yellow, run every 15 minutes in Summer, stop 14 times and cost 19 Euro each. Their website is www.severin-kuehn-berlin.de and includes a map of the route, so you should be able to plan a parking place accordingly.

Hope this helps

it has been very helpful!

As there are 4 of us, we have decided to drive, as it will be less expensive than taking the train, and we should be able to get to Berlin quicker than the train can take us there....I found an advanced website online that has provided the directions we need to Berlin.

Once again, thanks!

Ginny

I emailed a German Tourism agency and they sent me a great map of Berlin from the NYC office. It was very useful, but if you follow the signs to the Zentrum (Town Center) and then the Zoo, you will have no problems.

You can search for other posts on this topic that Henry and I have made either in Baltic Ports or in the Roll Calls for additional info.

By the way the yellow bus we used was called Berolinas. We never had to wait more than 10 minutes for the next bus.

Have fun.

Archived