Victory

simplelife

It's been too long since we cruised (busy becoming grandparents). I just booked a sailing on the Victory in June to celebrate DH's retirement. We are going to follow the cruise with a few days in Key West. (He couldn't decide between a cruise or land vacation, so this will combine both) So excited - have never been on this class of ship and have never been to Cozumel. So I would appreciate any suggestions of how to get the most out of this cruise.

Congrats on your DH's retirement. The Victory is a great ship. It does not have the 2.0 upgrades, but that does not make a cruise for me. The serenity deck is very nice on this ship. As for Cozumel, catch a taxi into town if you want shopping or go to a beach club such as Mr. Santos for a nice day in the sun. Depending on how much time you have in port, you can take the water taxi over yo Playa Del Carmen. Do some research online or search these forums. There is tons of information here on CC. Either way Welcome back and enjoy your cruise.

Good to hear Victory is going to drydock. It was the "worst" cruise Ive been on as far as the ship needing to be spruced up. "Worst" is a relative term because it was still a great cruise, and actually the best as far as meeting people on the ship.

The Serenity area on Victory is my favorite. Hopefully they leave that alone.

Have fun!

I see you've been on the Glory. The Victory is laid out pretty much the same way so you shouldn't have any problems navigating your way around the ship. Watch out for the sea horses at the bottom of each stairway. If you turn too sharp, their noses clip you in the knees.