NCL Breakaway fitness center facility questions

dennis-in-ct

Hello -

I have cruised on CARNIVAL recently but not NCL since 1993 (?).

On Carnival, the fitness center locker rooms offer separate men's and women's sauna and steam rooms. Carnival also had a spa with very nice facilities for a fee but the fitness center facilities were no additional cost.

What is the set-up for the Breakaway? Does the fitness area have steam and or sauna in the locker rooms? or if I want a steam and sauna, do I have to buy a pass for the spa area?

Thanks !

I spent a good chunk of time in the Spa and Fitness areas in the Breakaway during my cruise this past May. I did not see a locker room for the gym. There are locker rooms in the spa but you need a spa pass or spa cabin ( pass is included ) to access those. Saunas and steam rooms are not in the locker rooms, but are in the spa area to be used by both men and women. If you happen to be in the Haven, there is also a sauna and a steam room as well as a treadmill and recumbent bike in the back of the Haven courtyard.

The fitness facility is nice by most standards. at least 15-20 cardio machines and across the hallway there are free weights and at least 10 machines to fill your workout needs plus a bike room and classroom for group exercises.

As others have stated, there is an additional fee for locker rooms and sauna steam. I was a Haven occupant 2 weeks ago and all I saw (out side of the courtyard) was a sauna. I never saw a steam room nor bikes as part of the Haven (maybe I didn't look hard enough). I used the Haven Sauna twice and I during my stay there I never saw anyone else using it.

FYI I did take a tour of the sauna/spa (Mandara Spa) 1 day (sea day on the way back to NYC)...and it was PACKED!! Unlike any spa area that I've ever seen before.

Edited by Champster

The one bike and treadmill in the Haven are tucked away in a small room open to the courtyard. Barely noticeable. It's in the general vicinity to the steamroom. Perhaps there wasn't a sauna. I didn't use any of those outside of the spa area.

The spa pass, IMHO, is worth it, especially when sailing early or late in the season, as weather may not be so cooperative for outdoor activities.

The one bike and treadmill in the Haven are tucked away in a small room open to the courtyard. Barely noticeable. It's in the general vicinity to the steamroom. Perhaps there wasn't a sauna. I didn't use any of those outside of the spa area.

The spa pass, IMHO, is worth it, especially when sailing early or late in the season, as weather may not be so cooperative for outdoor activities.

There definitely WAS a sauna. I used it twice!! Guess I missed the bikes and Steamroom in Haven:(