Long term parking in Sydney

We are considering driving rather than flying to Sydney from Melbourne and doing a bit of a holiday either side of a cruise. Is there anywhere in Sydney that does reasonably priced long term (13 days) parking that is accessible to the dock? All I could think of is airport parking but that's not really convenient if not going to the airport!

Hi NickyKat,

You haven't said whether your cruise is leaving from White Bay or The Rocks (Circular Quay) cruise terminal but if you are leaving from The Rocks I found the best place to park is at the Sydney Opera House.

Wilsns parking offer a 'cruise deal' that is $20 a day (for between 7 & 14 days).

https://www.wilsonparking.com.au/park/2139_Sydney-Opera-House-Car-Park_2A-Macquarie-St-Sydney

You can prebook & prepay for your car spot & use your credit card for entry & exit from the car park.

The access from the car park to the terminal in The Rocks is good with just a short walk required.

We used this car park for the first time for our cruise earlier this month & found it a really good option for cruise parking. I will definatly be using it again.

Sorry I cant comment on parking for the White Bay Terminal as I have never cruised from there.

Cheers

Dashman

We actually always drive up from southern NSW & park at the airport - it is really good value in the Blue Emu car park. Then we just catch the train from the airport to Circular Quay which is a quick trip & we book a hotel for the night that is walking distance from the ship/train station.

They have free shuttle buses to the airport from the carpark.

You can also opt for the under cover carpark which is across the road from the airport & train station, but slightly more expensive.

We also find that driving to the airport is a lot less hassle than negotiating Sydney city traffic.

We drove to Sydney from Canberra for our cruise a few weeks ago (usually train or bus) and I stumbled across a valet car park service somewhere else on these boards. They were very good, dropped us off at OPT on departure morning, then dropped the car back to us, right on time, at OPT when we arrived again. They actually park the car in a private car park in Mascot.

Pricing is on their website, but we calculated that it was cheaper than our 3 bus tickets, plus a taxi either side.

http://www.mascotparkingservices.com.au/

I did look at the Wilsons option but had issues actually booking the service. They were also more expensive.

Thank you all. Dashman, do you know if opera house parking ask for evidence of the cruise dates? Planning on arriving day before and staying another 2 nights after in Sydney and leaving car there the whole time. Would this be okay do you think?

Thank you all. Dashman, do you know if opera house parking ask for evidence of the cruise dates? Planning on arriving day before and staying another 2 nights after in Sydney and leaving car there the whole time. Would this be okay do you think?

No proof of cruise is needed. As long as it is between 7-14 days and you select the cruise option.

It's great. 10 minute walk from the ship!

Raina