Question about Verizon rewards egiftcards

elainmir

Guys I've been buying these and printing them as I go, so in case they have an issue with the website I've got mine with me. However I did notice it says on the egiftcard that as of the date I bought it the balance was XYZ...should I have waited until closer to my cruise to print so it shows the balance closer to the date of my cruise or does it really matter??

Guys I've been buying these and printing them as I go, so in case they have an issue with the website I've got mine with me. However I did notice it says on the egiftcard that as of the date I bought it the balance was XYZ...should I have waited until closer to my cruise to print so it shows the balance closer to the date of my cruise or does it really matter??

When I redeemed mine, guest services inputed the ID # of each certificate, which then determined the value. So no, it shouldn't matter when you print the ecards.

just to be clear...I went on to my verizon today to check my points and see how much it would be to buy carnival gift cards. I get a 10% discount on each card I use my points on. So if I buy a 100.00 carnival card, it costs me 90.00 plus 1,000 points. Does this sound correct, or is there a way to get a 'better return' from your points.

The Verizon deal is the best deal for me because I do not have the Carnival Credit Card. I've probably saved close to 200$ using the egiftcards..that was to finish paying cruise off and stack up some gc's to use onboard. Some folks had a thread on here with breakdowns of which way was the best to go...you may want to search for those threads...

just to be clear...I went on to my verizon today to check my points and see how much it would be to buy carnival gift cards. I get a 10% discount on each card I use my points on. So if I buy a 100.00 carnival card, it costs me 90.00 plus 1,000 points. Does this sound correct, or is there a way to get a 'better return' from your points.

Points really don't mean much. Look at the other things you can buy with them. It sometimes takes 50,000 points just to get a $50 gift card to like Target or some restaurant.

You get a 10% discount using very little points on the Carnival eGift card. You want a better deal? Buy more cards or bigger value cards.

I look at it this way, I buy 3 $500 eGift cards and paid for my $1500 cruise coming up this April. I saved $150 right off the bat. Cards only cost me $1350 and a few points that really aren't worth that much. I will buy 1 more $500 card right before the cruise and use it for tips, excursions, and drinks. Save another $50. That's 4 free drinks on Verizon for a few points that didn't cost me a thing.

Points really don't mean much. Look at the other things you can buy with them. It sometimes takes 50,000 points just to get a $50 gift card to like Target or some restaurant.

You get a 10% discount using very little points on the Carnival eGift card. You want a better deal? Buy more cards or bigger value cards.

I look at it this way, I buy 3 $500 eGift cards and paid for my $1500 cruise coming up this April. I saved $150 right off the bat. Cards only cost me $1350 and a few points that really aren't worth that much. I will buy 1 more $500 card right before the cruise and use it for tips, excursions, and drinks. Save another $50. That's 4 free drinks on Verizon for a few points that didn't cost me a thing.

very good point!! I had never used my Verizon points before (didnt even realize I had any!), so when I saw the post about using them, the Carnival gift card was the only thing I checked. It's a pretty good deal now that you point out that the points are pretty much worthless otherwise!! I will be stocking up on them for my sign and sale account! thanks

When you go to GS they will give you a receipt, be sure to check it. We had 6 of them, $1100 worth, and when she handed me the receipt I noticed one of them didn't go through. She entered it again and all was good. We had FTTF and I noticed it right away, but the regular GS line was really long, it would have been a real pain to have to get back in line to have it fixed.

just to be clear...I went on to my verizon today to check my points and see how much it would be to buy carnival gift cards. I get a 10% discount on each card I use my points on. So if I buy a 100.00 carnival card, it costs me 90.00 plus 1,000 points. Does this sound correct, or is there a way to get a 'better return' from your points.[/quote]

I pay for them using my Southwest card so I also get points for my flights.

What are the hours for guest services? Can you go late at night and do it when it might be less busy? You don't have to add them to your acct right away, do you?

Guest services has been open any time I looked but probably closes some time. You can apply the cards to your S&S any time you want at the Kiosks.

The Future Cruise rep will also accept them for down payment and you can used them to book your cruise, make payments, and book excursions online before your cruise.

Bought our GCs Monday for our January 11 cruise. Quick and painless. Until I started looking at the Verizon offerings I didn't even know I had accumulated so many points. Not an issues to burn the points for the discount.

I look at that Verizon just paid for my parking at the port. Cha...ching!

It is worth mentioning that you can get similar egiftcards at the same 10% discounted rate via Citi Easy Deals......not just via Verizon. Citi easy deals are pretty useless but once I exhausted my Verizon points I have moved on to Citi points :) Just throwing that out there!