Quantum Christmas Cruise-No hot water for shower

kiyoko

Just a short comment here since I just got home and have a million things on my plate, but had to interject. Count me in as in the group that was highly dissatisfied with our sailing for many of the reasons already listed in the many reviews. Although I tried to maintain a positive attitude despite the many issues, I finally lost it on disembarkation day when there was no hot water for my shower to get ready to leave. That was the last straw. Beautiful ship. Great concepts. Terrible execution. Even something as basic as hot water not being available for showers was something I was not prepared for. After speaking with the steward, this is apparently a common occurrence.

Just a short comment here since I just got home and have a million things on my plate, but had to interject. Count me in as in the group that was highly dissatisfied with our sailing for many of the reasons already listed in the many reviews. Although I tried to maintain a positive attitude despite the many issues, I finally lost it on disembarkation day when there was no hot water for my shower to get ready to leave. That was the last straw. Beautiful ship. Great concepts. Terrible execution. Even something as basic as hot water not being available for showers was something I was not prepared for. After speaking with the steward, this is apparently a common occurrence.

That was awful.. Hot water in a shower is very important

They really need to start fixing all these issues

I hope will they are building the Anthem that everything wrong on the Quantum they will fix on the Anthem.

We only hope

Just curious, I have read many people with the same issue. What deck were you on?

So sorry you had such an unpleasant experience. I was on the Dec. 1st cruise and I have always been a person who looks at a glass "half full" instead of "half empty". Have a reputation of being quite positive, unfortunately this particular cruise tested my limits as well. To the point that we decide to cancel our cruise on the Anthem at this time next year. Most likely don't see myself on this class ship in the future, but will be sailing on the others:).

Just curious, I have read many people with the same issue. What deck were you on?

I was on deck 13, but heard from the "engineer" that came to try and fix it that it is a shipwide problem. Apparently, didn't matter what deck you were on. It was particularly annoying since the weather outside was very cold and a hot shower was something I had expected to be able to take. It also made it difficult since we were trying to get off the ship early to catch our RCL tour(which is another story that went bad) and being delayed while something as basic as this was being investigated did not help with the timing of our disembarkation. I had also planned to have something to eat for breakfast before disembarkation, since we had a very long day ahead of us, but was unable because of this delay. Unfortunately, we ended up rushing and not according to plan, and this was the last impression that was left with us after a cruise that tested my patience from the time we checked in. My son, who was not trying to be as positive throughout the cruise as I was, was extremely critical with good cause throughout the cruise. In fact, everytime we saw the NCL Breakaway sail past us during our cruise, he kept wishing out loud that he were on Breakaway instead. He reminded me that the roll out on the Breakaway sailing we took had no way near the issues that our Quantum sailing had and that RCL had much more time to have had the issues resolved before we boarded.

Edited by kiyoko

...To the point that we decide to cancel our cruise on the Anthem at this time next year. Most likely don't see myself on this class ship in the future, but will be sailing on the others:).

Interesting. To you, OP and others, I'm so sorry. How very frustrating. Sadly, I'm sure not reading a lot of positive reviews about this new ship. :(

Interesting. To you, OP and others, I'm so sorry. How very frustrating. Sadly, I'm sure not reading a lot of positive reviews about this new ship. :(

My son overheard a couple comment that they will kiss the ground when they disembark! I felt sorry for another family who complained that they could not get into any restaurants and ended up eating at the buffet all 7 nights. That would have been intolerable if that happened to us. We tried the buffet once and it was horrible. Luckily, I had made reservations before we boarded, even though the waits to get seated, depending upon the restaurant even with reservations, were from 30 minutes to an hour for us. I guess at least we were seated. There were so many issues that it would take too long to list. I thought that the hot water issue was the one worth pointing out since it was so basic. The shows we saw were good, but without hot water, it really doesn't matter to me how good the entertainment can be. I was not entertained with no hot water.

We didn't have hot water one morning but it was fixed that day. It really didn't bother us but I can understand why other people wouldn't want to be one of the great unwashed masses. :D

I suppose we could have called guest services and asked for an alternate place to shower but we didn't think of it at the time. Spa maybe?

Anyone who says they "had" to eat at the buffet for seven nights because no restaurants were available is prone to just a little bit of exaggeration. Really now.

We didn't have hot water one morning but it was fixed that day. It really didn't bother us but I can understand why other people wouldn't want to be one of the great unwashed masses. :D

I suppose we could have called guest services and asked for an alternate place to shower but we didn't think of it at the time. Spa maybe?

Anyone who says they "had" to eat at the buffet for seven nights because no restaurants were available is prone to just a little bit of exaggeration. Really now.

The no hot water issue was on disembarkation day and we didn't have the time to be looking for an alternate place to shower as we had to make the RCL tour we had scheduled. I like to think that I normally will go with the flow, but as cold as it was that day, I wasn't about to take a cold shower either.

I didn't get all the details from that family who told me about having to eat in the buffet for all seven nights, but I tend to give the benefit of the doubt to people, and it really didn't seem all that far fetched to me that it could happen given the debacle of DD. There were also others that mentioned that on certain days, they could not be accommodated at the restaurants and told to go eat at the buffet, even if they had reservations.

Edited by kiyoko

I didn't get all the details from that family who told me about having to eat in the buffet for all seven nights, but I tend to give the benefit of the doubt to people, and it really didn't seem all that far fetched to me that it could happen given the debacle of DD. There were also others that mentioned that on certain days, they could not be accommodated at the restaurants and told to go eat at the buffet, even if they had reservations.

Unacceptable if true.

This had to be very annoying.....especially on your last day when you are rushed to leave and guest services are super busy the last morning.

I, too, fnd it hard to believe that some family was told to eat at the buffet their entire week. I would imagine when the four restaurants open at 5:30 or 6:00 that something would have been available for them in at least one of them. The time may be a bit too early but IMO, it certainly beats the buffet for dinners.

As for the couple who said they will "kiss the ground" when they leave really makes me laugh. Seriously, these type of statements come from those who are chronic complainers.

Edited by roe2ship